What have you done to your Miata today?

Ditto.

I cant wait to get into that MS6...and be able to tow s*** (incl the miata to events) with the X3or5...whichever she decides on.

Tore apart the driver door to see why my window has a tough time cranking. I lubed the tracks with white lithioum grease. Opened up the crank regulator and found the cable has a 1-wire fray and a kink in it. Looks like i am replacing that now.

Last edited:
Installed my new wing

Attachments

• DSC03301 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03301 (Medium).JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 198
Had the car go through an hour of torrential rain and find the new top still leaks, but not as bad

Gotta silicone seal around the glass window in a spot and check the two seals that meet the door glass too

This is what my car looks like right now. The turbocharger compressor oil seal failed & oil got into my intake pipes & engine so Im replacing my turbo with another stock unit & Im cleaning out the intercooler piping & intake manifold. I also replaced my fuel injectors. While I have everything apart Im cleaning & polishing as much as I can to make the engine look good & preform better. If anybody wants a picture of something specific while I have everything apart I can do that. Ill post when everything is going back together. Im going to take a lot of pictures anyway & make a how to for everything when Im finished.

b_122559.jpg

I bought this stock turbo a while back off ebay for $250. I polished the compressor housing up a little.

b_153540.jpg

b_183621.jpg

I replaced my injectors with the denso 321cc 23250-74050 injectors.

b_122048.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone has replaced their instrument gauges with reverse glow. If so, any installation tips and/or help?

Thank you,
Josh
I modified my water temperature guage & had to take the instruments panel out of the dash. To get the instrument bezel off you have to put you right hand over the steering wheel & use a glove or rag & put your finger tips under the lip just enough to tug on the bezel a few inches toward the steering wheel & the bezel will pop off. There are 5 clips holding the bezel on the mazdaspeed mx5. Some miatas might have screws at the bottom front part of the bezel.

b_151708.jpg

b_152020.jpg

Last edited:
MSMjohn, looks like a lot of fun, FWIW. It's hard to beat working on a clean engine. Furthermore, I can appreciate the manner in which you've laid out the removed parts.

Do you have any info regarding the flow rate of the stock MSM injectors?

As a side note, welcome to the board! :) Keep the pics and info coming!

Last edited:
I <3 this thread!

+1 Great to see this thread pick up the pace in recent months...It's always a pleasure to see what you guys are up to with your super sweet Miata / MX-5 Projects...While I really dig the previous & current gens, I can't wait to see what the next gen brings...Word is it will be leaner & even meaner than ever before! :D

Keep the updates coming! (thumb)

MSMjohn, looks like a lot of fun, FWIW. It's hard to beat working on a clean engine. Furthermore, I can appreciate the manner in which you've laid out the removed parts.

Do you have any info regarding the flow rate of the stock MSM injectors?

As a side note, welcome to the board! :) Keep the pics and info coming!
Mazdaspeed mx5 fuel injectors light purple part # 195500-4060 are
265cc at 43.5psi but mazdaspeed mx5 fuel rail pressure is higher than 43.5psi

Mazdaspeed mx5 injector (bottom)
b_203320.jpg

Mazdaspeed mx5 injector (left)
b_203236.jpg

Back