What have you done to your Miata today?

I like that looks very neat

Is the background on your instruments white? if not swiping it with white ones would make the gauges match in

The MazdaSpeed Gauges have a white back ground and reddish/orange needle just like the boost gauge. It matches perfectly. :)

RedStitchingDone.jpg

__
I have my two gauges in the center vents. The nexus gauges match awesome but they cost soooo much.
Yeah, I might move it to the center vent sooner or later when I put my AuxMod in. As for gauges, I hope my inexpensive one works well. It is still an Auto Meter and it looks and works great so far.

Last edited:
thanks...it's a defi guage mounted in a custom pod (pvc) mounted into the defroster vent....it's pretty cool...a nepoc member makes them...;)

oh I meant the instruments

But stumpy has answered it now

Both of your gauges look very nice looks like they were meant to be there

Nothing from Mazda is called Mazdaspeed here

the Mazdaspeed 3 is called the Mazda 3 MPS
I think the Mazdaspeed MX-5 are MX-5 SE here
The MX-5 SP were factory turboed here in Australia while the SE were from Japan

Was there a year that the Mazdaspeed ones come out?
The SE only came out in 04 and 05

20 degrees out . . .

. . but I still went out to the garage (not heated) and pulled the door panels, lubed the power window tracks and door mechanisms, and removed the visors - going to install self-made LED cabin lights.

Between a few other tasks spread over 3 cars, last night I pulled the front hubs (the wheel bearings were shot) from the miata to swap in new ones. I did want to keep the extended quick-start lugs, obv, so I had a few extra steps. Last night I drove out the studs from the new hubs, removed the current hubs from the car, and PB-blaster'd the extended studs where they interface with the hub because I wasn't having much luck driving them out. Tonight after letting them sit for >24 hours, they were still a pain in the ass but I was able to get them done haha

Original hub. For them having 165000 miles on them with the last 10K or so being a dedicated autocross car, driven to and from events, I'd say they lasted a good while.
100_0351.JPG

Grease on the axle stub.
100_0352.JPG

Cleaned the stubs up with a rag. I think I'll need to get some emery cloth and really clean them up before reapplying a thin layer of fresh grease.
100_0353.JPG

New, shiny hubs shown for comparison. The new studs were punched out already, so I'll have these to keep as spares with the car in case anything were to happen to one of the longer ones at an event.
100_0354.JPG

And last but not least, in memory of the sacrificial Gorilla Lug Nut that I used to protect the head of the quick-start studs to drive them out of the original hubs. Using one $1 lug nut to protect $80 worth of lug-studs ftw. RIP little guy.
100_0356.JPG

good job andrew!

Thanks. Now I just need to bolt the new hub on, pull the studs through with an impact and another sacrificial nut (they don't get mangled up nearly as much as that gorilla nut did), put it on the ground and torque it and I'll be set. I just need the new dust covers and front brake pads I ordered from mazdaspeed and I'll be ready to go.

Nice work Andrew. Heck of a job.

Finally got to drive mine today. With Xmas and the weather, was using my wife's car.

Muff, use a nut with a pair of washers between it and the hub surface when draing in the studs. Throw a bit of grease on the washers for good measure. The studs will draw in much easier.

Yep, that was the plan :). That's what I did when I originally did them.

did my second offical mod.

Installed a K&N air filter this morning. I actualyl do feel a slight difference.

the first was the audiogrom Ipod adapter. love that thing

[nerd]Modified 4 lines of code in attempt to fix a cold start issue. [/nerd]

My gauges are in :D

Just need to get the adaptor for the water temp now

Does anyone here have an oil pressure gauge? if so what does yours read when your idling cold and hot

My gauges are in :D

Just need to get the adaptor for the water temp now

Does anyone here have an oil pressure gauge? if so what does yours read when your idling cold and hot

Back