What have you done to your Miata today?

first time i got all the bolts except two rusted round bolts (one of which was the very back bolt on the parcel shelf

So night one removed all but 2 bolts

attempt 2 saw me with a dremel (but without a cutting wheel-instead has course sanding discs) which did remove rusted bolts, but didn't have enough to cut up the rest of the shelf in teh way of the rollbar

So tonight i have an angle grinder and drill with bits needed

Rollbar in
6e42269f.jpg

what roll bar is that?? The rear supports are really low on the main hoop, and the cross bar support looks like it's in a great place to bonk your lights out....

Hard Dog I think...harness bar looks low too....maybe just the angle of the picture though...?

It's the Harddog Ace bar so it sits further back than all the other harddog bars

6cfa16e7.jpg

i LOVE mine!!

I do have one question though. i did not realize installation actually set the scoop down into the rubber, i set it just ontop and didn't use the velcrow and seems to flow more air than proper install and holds better than velcrow install too

BUT, not at highway speeds, they don't hold at all then.

rollbar001.jpg

rollbar002.jpg

I would say sure about the mirrors, but, i got too much other stuff to buy first

New top, AC compressor, belts, clutch, clutch slave and master, and a few other things before i worry about mirrors.

Thanks though!

Silly Tylor and his quest for working AC. Hahaha.

Gotta mess with you man. My car currently has a smashed condenser and hardlines so I don't have AC either.

Lol, I know you gotta say something!

Oh, and Its 80+ and raining today, so needs a/c

just crack the window and set the air to fresh air intake...hit the defroster to clear out the windows and its money.

I actually had to park the yata inside just now (it was out for a few hours while I packed boxes into a pick up truck)...snow snow snow!!

I recently rebuilt the exhaust to knock down the sound levels a touch. For years, I've been knocking at the door of exceeding the local (and national) limit. This should take the car down a few dB's to an acceptable level.

DSCN0683.JPG

Furthermore, I've been wanting to explore the realm of aerodynamics. I am therefore at the early stages of building a front air dam/splitter as well as a rear spoiler to meet the Street Prepared rule set. Preliminary construction will consist of plywood but the final product, if feasible, will be constructed of Alumilite and/or ABS.

I have assembled a microcontroller circuit as well as logging software to perform measurement/logging of [differential]pressures at various points on the aero as well as measuring suspension loading at various speeds. I have no idea as to if any of this will work, but it's an entertaining project at the very least :).

DSCN0692.JPG

i reran the wiring to my driving lights which work again

also researching speakers

I drove mine to work this morning...now it has 2 boxes and 1 small suitcase that I have to take to my storage unit tonight. :p

Latest posts

Back