What have you done to your Miata today?

Easier test: 5th gear on interstate, keep throttle constant, push clutch pedal and then release. If the RPMs come right back down the clutch is fine. If they don't, then it's probably slippling. Again, keep the throttle constant through that test.

freakin a

paid almost $50 shipped for a gauge hood that showed up with 2 of the 3 clips broken (3rd which was "fixed) snapped the second i put any pressure on it for it to snap in and one of the set screw things on the bottom broken out. . . .

uh, yup

He told me $30, shipped and asked i reimburs him the $13 to ship it, i was nice enough to pay it, but now i am about to file a dispute with paypal if dude doesn't give me my money back

I paid for a gauge hood with 3 good pins. . . . now i have none. . . .

as to the clutch test, it came right back down

now i gotta figure if i can adjust this pig. I gotta basically stomp the floor when i change gears otherwise it wants to grind

oh, and drove to work as well. Overcast and crappy looking, but, made for PERFECT cool weather to cruise in!

Hmm... change the transmission fluid to something worthwhile. It can sometimes help things like that. I have Redline MT-90 in the MSM.

oh yeah, i still havn't done the fluids swap yet. .

i'm lazy.

mt-90 is ok to run in the NA as well?

Why not? It's just transmission fluid. I've run it in just about all of my cars.

i was just in the "Free stuff" thread and rreeading about the 90-75 or the MT-90 being different.

Meh.

I'll just buy some.

now i gotta figure if i can adjust this pig. I gotta basically stomp the floor when i change gears otherwise it wants to grind

Clutch slave and / or master cylinder failure.

I replaced both of mine at the same time, as it wasn't worth it to me to have to bleed the system twice. Maybe $70 in parts total @ Advanced, may be less going to online mazda parts / etc. 2 bolts to pull the master (plus the flare nut), and 2 bolts + flare nut for the slave. You can get to the top bolt for the slave from the passenger side wheel well with the wheel off but you have to get underneath to get the bottom bolt. A gear wrench will be a life saver here.

Unbolt the bad parts, bolt in the good parts, bleed the system thoroughly (there will be plenty of air). Problem solved ;)

hmmm. . . thank you sir.

Adding that to my list of stuff to do.

I also need to figure how to not thorw into 5th when i am on the gas going for 3rd. lol

hmmm. . . thank you sir.

Adding that to my list of stuff to do.

I'd actually put that on my "list of stuff to do TODAY" if I were you. If it's already going to the floor, it's about finished. Give it another day or 2 and you'll be having to power-shift everywhere. Not fun trying to leave a light when your clutch pedal doesn't do anything...

I also need to figure how to not thorw into 5th when i am on the gas going for 3rd. lol
The trick is to not "shift" it into 3rd. You basically give it a double push. Push it to neutral, then push straight up to 3rd. It'll find itself without your 'intervention' of trying to line it up.

it's probably a rebuild kit. If you really feel like pulling apart your cylinders and rebuilding them go ahead I suppose. I just replaced them.

it's probably a rebuild kit. If you really feel like pulling apart your cylinders and rebuilding them go ahead I suppose. I just replaced them.

+1. save yourself the headache and spend the extra cash. I only replaced the slave, as it was the only one going out. It was pretty simple. Bleeding the system takes the most time and is definitely the most frustrating. Also, after your fluid swaps in the trans and diff, make sure to change your turret oil as well. It will definitely feel smoother (dance)

Back