What have you done to your Miata today?

Glad to see the Yata back in action and getting some new goodies! (thumb)

Be sure to keep us updated with more (pics)

I bought a set of Toyota ignition coils for my miata :) And also 80% done with welding the new turbo manifold. I'd be done, but ran out of wire :/

well, once you see my beautiful welds, it'll go back up. I'm going to pick some up at lunch. 2# spools don't last as long as they should. maybe I can get a 10# in there next time.

Currently working on upgrading my 90' brake system to a 94-up system. The only probelm is, the caliper brackets are the same size as my 90's!!!!!!(pissed)

So now I've got play phone tag with parts department at People's Mazda. And of course no one is answering!!!!

Put's a major damper in my day's project.

Last edited:
Got a start on removing the transmission to replace the rear main seal and all the other fun shwag back there (clutch, resurface flywheel, trowout bearing and pilot bearing, pressure plate, etc). All stock parts per STS2 rules. Speaking of STS2 rules, I love how little droop she's got in the rear lol

When we took the header off (needs to be removed to pull the tranny), the heat wrap pretty much fell off in chunks. The previous owner of the header put it on wrong anyway, so I guess it's a blessing in disguise. I'm going to be picking up a header blanket to keep underhood temps in check. This should do a much better job than the wrap by itself. I'm also going to wrap the portion of the header between the bottom of the blanket and the flange to keep that temp contained at least up to the cat.

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    273.1 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 438
Installed a Hard Dog "Deuce" roll bar and resprayed the front bumper.

Now to find MS sideskirts, a lip and a spoiler.
The SC goes in sometime in January.

Installed a Hard Dog "Deuce" roll bar and resprayed the front bumper.
No more track days? Unless they've changed something, the Hard Core's the only one they make that's legal for any on track competition.

Ooof...that would teh suck.
Well...working on getting a hold of this:
dsc013821gp4.jpg

dsc013931si9.jpg

Yeah...I NEED an exhaust...cat back ftmfw.

Answer 1 - not being able to race because of the bar.
Answer 2 - look BELOW the pic...it says I'm in NEED of an exhaust. :)
lolerz

Answer 1 - not being able to race because of the bar.
Answer 2 - look BELOW the pic...it says I'm in NEED of an exhaust. :)
lolerz
Andrew is too busy keeping warm to read. lol

LOL oops, didn't scroll down far enough!

And I'm warm enough now. That was 2 weeks ago where I had no heat lol

lol...man...i have independent ac's in my place here. 1 upstairs for my bedroom. 2 downstairs....1 in the office & 1 in the living room area.
They had to replace the 1 for the living room...where i spend most of my time & its been cold as hell here lately. brrrrr.

Progress!!!

IMG_0809.jpg

Got all but 2 bolts on the transmission off (just to hold it in), the drive shaft and broke all the bolts for the power plant frame loose. Next step is to get some taller jack stands (so I can actually get the thing out from under the car. Did a test fit w/ the spare, totally won't get under there :(

Organization ftw!
IMG_0810.jpg

Back