What have you done to your Miata today?

that's folks with the 95+ cars that have a 'fake' oil pressure gauge. The one in the 1.6 cars is fully functional.

oh. . . hmm. . . I'll still be wiring up the oil temp and coolant temp then. . . . just gotta figure what other gauge to put in there then

Might just wire it up anyways so the pod is full

that or buy a dual A-pillar pod and ditch the DIN pod

Sorry, i'm used to not trusting the "idiot lights" in the protege telling me temp is fine while steam billows out of the hood

Just made an aluminum blockoff plate for the "ash tray" that's busted up

crappy iphone pic that's too washed out, but ya get the idea.

Deciding to drill it out as a cup holder or not

c9eef038.jpg

nice to hear some chatter in here!

I'm planning on doing lots of work with weekend...hope it all goes ok.

Plans are:
TB Replacement including:
TB
Acc Belt
Power Settering Belt
Thermostat
Tensioner Pulley and spring
Idler Pulley
Water Pump
Crank Seal
Cam Seals
All 9 Coolant Hoses followed by radiator flush
Oil change
and easiest of all, new BBS Centercaps!!!

they'll be lots more chatter in here now that I got one! lol

and you've got LOTS of work ahead of you! I SHOULD do all that myself too, but, i'll just do timing, waterpump, upper and lower rad hoses, radiator flush, oil change, and trans/diff flush

hopefully i can do this over the weekend so i have a ride home....Never done one before but I'm ready to give it a shot!

Thanks bud!

Had to keep the blue theme going

i'm still Pro5x2 currently. . . . . awaiting my P5 to sell

swapped trunks and finisher plates lastnight.

I now have a Montigo blue trunk and finisher plate (but no holes and busted finisher anymore!)

Also swapped to a padded cubby arm rest.

Then, went with the wife for a cruise to downtown stuart, had dinner at the boardwalk, then cruised over to the beach and relaxed

She likes da miata

I wa sgoing to swap out the oil gauge in mine also. After talking with Kevin, he pretty much told me the same thing Andrew did. The 1.6 works and works WELL. It has warned/saved me many times in Turkey!

yeah, gonna sell my gauge setup

and sorry Andrew, rear finish plate

anyways, drove it both lastnight and tonight LOVING this cool weather at night. Callie's loving it as well

how's the light comparison? Had a buddy with a Jeep pick up a set of those and wasn't happy compared to stock sealed beams from autozone

Just curious. . . .

i'm still sooo tempted to pick up aset of those to take apart and mount a projector inside of. . .

better than stock imo. plus, one can always change the bulbs. an option one wouldn't have with sealed units. If you mount projectors in, mass produce and ill buy! lol

Roger that. lol

it's not out of the question just yet. Time and, as your quote, "all it takes is money" and i'll be all over em

but, for now, i've got a list of stuff to get to before headlights.

New top, seats, roll bar, carpets, audio, paint, then wheels/headlights

Roger that. lol

it's not out of the question just yet. Time and, as your quote, "all it takes is money" and i'll be all over em

but, for now, i've got a list of stuff to get to before headlights.

New top, seats, roll bar, carpets, audio, paint, then wheels/headlights

are you still on stock suspension? if so, id say let the audio, paint, seats and carpet sit on hold for a while. the new top, roll bar, wheels and lights are pretty important, but suspension is where its at! (rockon)

agreed, but i'm more wanting to be presentable to me

it's on stock suspension and already SERIOUSLY out performs the P5 even with the eibach/tokico setup on it.

So i'm happy with susupension for now, i just want a clean car first.

plus my seat is shot, the left butt cheek support is flat, so that's no good.

and this is my daily driver, so, audio is kinda important too. Paint not so much, as well as carpets

waiting for the new top before i shampoo the carpets as the top leaks like crazy

agreed, but i'm more wanting to be presentable to me

it's on stock suspension and already SERIOUSLY out performs the P5 even with the eibach/tokico setup on it.

So i'm happy with susupension for now, i just want a clean car first.

plus my seat is shot, the left butt cheek support is flat, so that's no good.

and this is my daily driver, so, audio is kinda important too. Paint not so much, as well as carpets

waiting for the new top before i shampoo the carpets as the top leaks like crazy

I see what you're saying, I daily mine as well. I read your list like a future mod list; but I see now that you're just trying to make it dd material. I just wanted to chime in because out of everything I've done to mine, upgrading the suspension was the best bang for the buck. Just tryin to help a brotha out lol. Nonetheless, i'm looking forward to your progress; and if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to try and help

Back