What have you done to your Miata today?

dscn0522c.jpg

dscn0521.jpg

dscn0520b.jpg

dscn0519z.jpg

dscn0518.jpg

Got those guys on a few days ago. Was hoping for a more epic drop unfortunately. For the price though, i can't really complain. H&R coil over set up.

Looks good mate! (alright) (drinks) (mj) (yes) (rockon) (hump) ;) (yippy) (wiggle) (cabpatch) (dance) (2thumbs) (lol2) (spin) (usa) (band) (eekdance) (pullup) (boobs) (mswerd) (cool) (boobs2) (breakn)

seriously though, the NBs aren't AS bad (their rear subframe has different suspension pick-up points that help the rear geometry), but drop a miata too low and pick up a ridiculous amount of camber and toe in the rear, making them twitchy, unpredictable, have bad tire wear and generally handle like crap. And when you're riding on the bump-stops, the ride's not so great either lol

3565153509_007f6d6a47.jpg

See this car? It was at Lime Rock last Saturday. Someone said they saw it upside down and into a tree not far from the track. Tires bald. Suspension as low as it would go. Owner complained about the ride quality. Didn't listen to any friendly suggestions. See what happens?

Would an inch be too low for an NA? Im not trying to slam it or anything, i just ordered a suspension package and it claims the springs give it a one inch drop. would i have to buy a camber kit or something?

1 inch is fine. Much passed that and you're close to just running on bump stops. No, you won't need a camber kit, the miata's suspension allows full adjustment of caster, camber and toe, so you'll just need to get an alignment.

1 inch is fine. Much passed that and you're close to just running on bump stops. No, you won't need a camber kit, the miata's suspension allows full adjustment of caster, camber and toe, so you'll just need to get an alignment.
sweet, thank you sir (thumb)

seriously though, the NBs aren't AS bad (their rear subframe has different suspension pick-up points that help the rear geometry), but drop a miata too low and pick up a ridiculous amount of camber and toe in the rear, making them twitchy, unpredictable, have bad tire wear and generally handle like crap. And when you're riding on the bump-stops, the ride's not so great either lol

I thought the rear subframes were the same between NA/NB (just different shock hats). The NB's front subframe geometry differs at the mount point for the upper control arm to improve bump steer.

Hmm... are the control arms different? I could have sworn that I read (since I don't have one lol) that the rear geometry on the NBs was better. I could be totally wrong...

Hmm... are the control arms different? I could have sworn that I read (since I don't have one lol) that the rear geometry on the NBs was better. I could be totally wrong...

As could I...

control arms must be different... the guy who was 2nd place in both specmiata nasa championships, and scca runoffs last year got disqualified in post race inspection from the runoffs for having a newer control arm instead of the one that matched the year of his car.

i know they at least look different, the control arms on my '99 are a lot heavier and more strongly gussetted than my '91 specmiatas

and you can install the '99 shock top perches into an NA to get the same travel. (have them on my specmiata) mazdaspeed sells them, and the proper spacers to make them fit the spec bump stops, and they are allowed in specmiata rules.

and the rear suspension mount points, if they're not identical, are very very similar. you can install NB rear braces to an NA... mazdaspeed motorsports development even sells the specmiata legal kit to do so... ive been keeping my eyes open for a wrecked NB to salvage the braces for my specmiata, which is a '91.

Last edited:
installed the cobalt license plate relocation kit since my miata never came with a front plate bracket.

also removed the tow hooks (Baby teeth)

Back