Holy shit Maff. That drove me crazy just reading about it.
Atlanta Region SCCA
Had the clutch changed out today. 160k miles on the old one and it not too bad shape. Not down to the rivets but close.
Changed to a stock clutch and Fidanza flywheel and changed the tranny fluid. Next up new tires and an oil change. Got a track date next weekend.
2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra
I started building a thing. Once I've got the 1st one built and am happy with the design, the rest will follow as time permits. These things.... they are not going to be light :lol:
Just under 9 feet of 3/16" angle in this frame, + legs + gussets + supports for the floor on the roll-off pad + stop plates at the front and back + scale pads = they'll weigh almost as much as the car, I fear...
Maff, I got lucky with my diff bushings and was able to use my ball joint kit to press them out. I did make sure to use some of my magic moly lube when I put the new ones in.
Damn Bruce, that's a lot of miles on a clutch! Seems like you are driving it right.
Dipstick showed up yesterday. I pulled out the old one and inserted the new one. Easy-peasy.
JBP called last evening. They said it was definitely leaking from the nose seal, but when they took everything apart there was nothing apparently wrong. All the seals were replaced anyway, and they were going to fill the oil compartment right up and leave it inverted overnight to see if anything else showed. I was supposed to hear back from them today but nothing so far.
While I was sitting around idle this evening I decided to do a foamectomy. For anyone who doesn't venture into Miata.net to be familiar with this term, you just remove the seat bottom cover and cut some foam off the seat. Long-time readers of this space will know that I did this to the original factory NB1 driver's seat. Same thing this time, and as I am still a glutton for punishment I reused the hog rings. I took 1-1 1/4" off the bottom of the foam, this lets the seat cover sit nicely so it doesn't appear to be any different. Once I had that job done, I pulled the back seat cover off enough to insert the inflatable lumbar support I have. With everything buttoned up and the seat back in the car, I gave it a sit to see how it was going to work for me. Acid test will be once I take a trip, but I like it a lot sitting statically.
Thanks for looking out. I knew that the dipsticks were different between NA and NB models. According to what the local dealer looked up it's the same for all NBs. Plus it has a nice BP4W cast into the plastic top which makes a nice reference. Given past experience though, I did compare them side by side before putting the new one in.