What have you done to your Miata today?

yo Steve the thing that holds the pump will be fine if it has a little rust on it. Seeing the pump body rusted like just goes to show how long your car was sitting without gas in the tank. Just imagine what it looks like on the inside of that pump.

BAM!

drop2.jpg

Nice! Looks good

I pulled off the OZ Superleggera and put the Work VS-XX back on. Drop top weather is missing, though... where the hell is Spring??

ok.. now im really confused. I powered up JUST the pump but sticking two wires into the pump harness, dumped it into a container of gas, and the damn thing shot gas out.

wtf? When its attached to the assembly, plugged in, it does not work.

However, the harness at the top of the gas tank is getting the 12V when I crank the car.

I am totally lost now. Everything everyone has told me to check is working. WTF?

The pump may move fuel when no restrictions are presented, but if it's worn, it may not be able to push the necessary volume/pressure when attached to a complete system.

The pump may move fuel when no restrictions are presented, but if it's worn, it may not be able to push the necessary volume/pressure when attached to a complete system.

:) I really hope so. I have tested every singe thing down the line and nothing else presents as a problem.

Put Tein Flex on
Fixed a leaky turbo oil drain
Hooked up reverse lights some dick forgot to redo
Put a subframe brace on
Swapped out to a 1.6/early 1.8 oil pressure setup
Still much, much more to do!

new paint job on the '91 SPECMIATA

DSCI0016.jpg

DSCI0017.jpg

DSCI0018.jpg

took it out saturday and sunday on the 3.1 mile course PDX at SMMR... learned a lot, had a blast.

I found a seized passenger side rear caliper when I drove the car to work for funzies on Wednesday (there's just something about driving a street legal race car on the street... This black car w/ a red top and silver stickers all over it, looks like it's been through some hell, loud as hell, popping and snorting and crackling... just puts a smile on my face :D)

Anyway, got to work and the passenger side rear outer pad was smoking and the wheel was hot as hell. Fortunately it was only a 15 minute drive... and I could smell it the whole way. So I sourced a used one today and when I went to pull it apart, sure enough that one was seized as well. ****. Oh well.. it's a huge hunk of metal... how do you fix a huge hunk of metal? With a hammer. After a lot of hammering, I was finally able to break the SOB loose. Apparently the PO of that caliper hadn't taken much care of the brakes... they had ZERO grease. The fixed slider pin actually had a little rust build up on it and zero lube.

Anyway, I disassembled the sliding assembly, thoroughly cleaned and greased the slider pins and passageways. Tomorrow the new caliper goes on and likely tomorrow night the brakes get bled. Disaster averted because my car has 4 drivers that have paid cash money for the priviledge... missing an event, while probably forgivable due to unforeseen consequences, isn't acceptable in my eyes. We have 3 events in 2 weeks, so I would have been thoroughly Effed had I not gotten this thing working. Anyway, I'll have it together with enough time to hopefully get a little sleep in before the event on Sat.

Installed the birdseye mirrors. Spring clean meet this Saturday so I will get it clayed and change the diff fluid.

It's official. I'm picking up 04 velocity red MSM, # 1526 after work.

Back