What have you done to your Miata today?

HT + TD rims = future SM racer...c'mon...you're a bit tempted to take the plunge dude.

You have no idea how much a race weekend in a bottom feeder car, even on a tight budget, costs, do you? lol

No, at this point I have pretty much no desire to jump into that boat.

LOL...true.
I did attempt GR Challenge...we saw how that ended haha.

Man...SM would be awesome!

Phil, once the car is back in the states, you NEED to bring it to an ARSCCA event...tis time to put up. ;)

finished the valve cover/cam cover.

Got it all polished.. then decided I didn't like the fully polished/chrome look so I hit it with some 2000 grit to give it a brushed look.

Finished.jpg

Miata pure white for the lettering (My car color)

Phil, once the car is back in the states, you NEED to bring it to an ARSCCA event...tis time to put up. ;)
I will, but way north of ATL...I am going to get with the local SCCA guru Katya4me about that & hill climbs (if they have them here)...I'm up in DC now maaaaaaaang.(friday)(hi)

Also I need to do a plug swap ASAP...lol...I am having a nasty launch due to fouled plugs. Ewww.

finished the valve cover/cam cover.

Got it all polished.. then decided I didn't like the fully polished/chrome look so I hit it with some 2000 grit to give it a brushed look.

Miata pure white for the lettering (My car color)

I agree on the brushed look. Much better and may be easier to keep that way. The white lettering sets it off.

As for me, I'm still cleaning in between driving it. I've still got the engine compartment to do. I may wash the car, today. If I do, I'll attack the mess under the hood. With that, and cleaning the wheels and wheel wells, I'll have it in pretty good shape for show season. I still need to install the new front mud guards. I want to put some textured paint on them, first. The rear ones came textured from an earlier install.

Thank you. Got any pictures of your ongoing project?

Not ongoing. Not worth it. I'll maybe post the before and after or just the after. I've just got a few more things to do before it's presentable enough for photos. It was pretty dirty from sanding dust. When I get the mud guards installed and the light covers readusted to meet the hood outline better, I'll do the photos. Maybe this week. I need to drill out the adjuster screws on the lids, though. The screws are rusted in place; so, I could not back them out. No big deal. I'll just drill them out and retap for stainless steel screws that I have in stock.

Not ongoing. Not worth it. I'll maybe post the before and after or just the after. I've just got a few more things to do before it's presentable enough for photos. It was pretty dirty from sanding dust. When I get the mud guards installed and the light covers readusted to meet the hood outline better, I'll do the photos. Maybe this week. I need to drill out the adjuster screws on the lids, though. The screws are rusted in place; so, I could not back them out. No big deal. I'll just drill them out and retap for stainless steel screws that I have in stock.

Aww.. ok. Keep us in suspense!

I need something new to do. Maybe polish the heatshield on the exhaust mani.

I was going to fabricate what? A miata? lol

No, I've been rolling the rear fenders. They're a lot heavier metal than the fronts, and as such a much bigger pain in the ass than the fronts lol. I'm also trying to install my hitch finally, which is another not-fun-time affair. It's like trying to change the spark plugs going in through the throttle...

I was going to fabricate what? A miata? lol

No, I've been rolling the rear fenders. They're a lot heavier metal than the fronts, and as such a much bigger pain in the ass than the fronts lol. I'm also trying to install my hitch finally, which is another not-fun-time affair. It's like trying to change the spark plugs going in through the throttle...

No a heatshield. But if you fabricate a miata, post pics lol

Can i buy a valve cover, ship it to you and have you polish it for me, lol jk. Not sure if you've already done it, but i took a can of degreaser and went to town on my engine bay, tryin to clean it up. That kept me busy for a couple hours. Just cover electrical connections before you spray lol

No a heatshield. But if you fabricate a miata, post pics lol

Can i buy a valve cover, ship it to you and have you polish it for me, lol jk. Not sure if you've already done it, but i took a can of degreaser and went to town on my engine bay, tryin to clean it up. That kept me busy for a couple hours. Just cover electrical connections before you spray lol

I have an extra. want me to do one for you? 99-00 though

New mod! Now I won't be driving all over carnation (as they say here, apparently...) on the "race" tires:

Curt hitch
IMG_1602.jpg

Tire Tail (bought used for cheaps :D)
IMG_1601.jpg

Only 1 strap here. I'll probably use 2 when I'm doin' it for realz. I need to go get a couple smaller ones tho, the 5 ton 3" straps I have are... a bit much for this:
IMG_1599.jpg

Remember, there will be 2 straps holding these things on, along w/ the pins / plates.
IMG_1600.jpg

And now that I'm done in the garage, the fun can start :D
IMG_1604.jpg

BTW, just so we're clear, I like craftsman tools. Not terribly expensive, but pretty good quality. And this is my favorite in my arsenal :D
IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

Back