What have you done to your Miata today?

I passed emissions....on the third try. Standalone EMS in the hizzie :).

Awesome. I keep contemplating ditching my emanage setup for megasquirt, but i'm a pussy. lol.

Today I installed my 626 stereo in the roadster, new $19 shift boot (looks great) and installed my ARC intake chamber :)

Awesome. I keep contemplating ditching my emanage setup for megasquirt, but i'm a pussy. lol.

some jackass at an autocross called me a pussy for running the hydra instead of a megasquirt.
I never understood how running a better system made me a pussy.

I blew the turbo. Cool, eh?

spit or swallow? errr... (pics)

washed mine today... Mr. Clean autodry wash gardenhose attachment system works amazingly well... I still used a towel to dry to avoid spotting, even tho it said I didn't need it cos i've got hard water... but it seriously cut major time off of the normal washing process.

installed the Flyin Miata downpipe and catback last week. Installing the resistor mod to bypass the boost cut so I can run 12 lbs.. doing that today. Ordered Koni adjustable coilovers from Tire Rack; those will be here Tuesday... not sure when I can install those. Either this weekend or Oct 20.

Once lowered, I'll get wheels once winter is over.

Can you believe I still do not have my little car back?
I had to rescue it from the guy who basicly tore up the frame and screwed around with my car so it was in worse shape. I got a front clip from Texas and the body work is finished(confused) but now I have to check out the mechanical.

I started the car today for the first time in six months. a little more suspension work, and she should be drivable again. :)

Autocrossed all weekend :D

Saturday: final points event of the season. Took 1st in STS2, and wrapped up a solid 2nd in class for the season. Not bad for only a year of development on the car and my 1st full season as a driver :)
Sunday: Champion of Champions event. Essentially, all of the pro class and all of the class champions run in a single PAXed class, and everyone else runs in a separate "Best of the Rest" class. I ended up 2nd in STS2 and paxed 12th over all in the BoR class. Left a lot of time out there, but what to do.

:D
214133844-M.jpg

Insalled my old dash, which I took out to be replaced with a new one. Only....... I discovered that new dash had developed a hairline crack in the middle of the dash!!!!!! My old one was in far better shape.
After reinstalling my old dash, I hooked up a Pioneer ipod adapter to my Pioneer HU. Installed a new dash plate cover, to replace the one that disintigrated when taking it off.

So after insalling the old dash back, I also did a full tune-up/oil change (NGK's, RB Ultras, PCV, Mazda oil filter, Royal Purple 10-40w, Fram pannle filter).
Gotta do a smog tomorrow.(headshake
Can't wait to move to a place that I don't have to deal with smog restrictions.

I discovered that new dash had developed a hairline crack in the middle of the dash!!!!!!

Both of my '90s' dashboards have a crack also, just to the right of center. It seems that there is a bit of a high spot just underneath it as the dash seems slightly raised around the crack.

Back