What have you done to your Miata today?

Might look like just some new vinyl, but some great memories were made on the way to acquiring it!

20230815_121946.jpg

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me Bruce. I meant to mention that when I pulled the front wheels, both dust boots on the shocks were shredded and the DS rear was ripped 3/4 of the way around.

Since the only way to replace them is full removal, I need to decide which shock and spring combo I am going to go with.

DS
20230903_110232.jpg

PS
20230903_110223.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing quite like some tasteful, artfully applied vinyl.

Cleaned her up for the trip south tomorrow. Installed my new phone holder, first one I've had. Interested to see how well it will work for me.

Replaced the end link and the noise I've been hearing all summer is GONE.

Went over all the suspension settings on my KW's and found the bump settings are good but rebound was out of whack a bit. Autox this Saturday, so I'll see if it makes the difference.

Also installed an Android Auto wireless setup which is working well. No disconnects that I was having on our trip with the USB cable. I've been switching it back and forth between Mia and my 3. No issues so far.

Mark, when are you off the FL.

Little work needed Jeff?

Went over all the suspension settings on my KW's and found the bump settings are good but rebound was out of whack a bit. Autox this Saturday, so I'll see if it makes the difference.

Also installed an Android Auto wireless setup which is working well. No disconnects that I was having on our trip with the USB cable. I've been switching it back and forth between Mia and my 3. No issues so far.

Little work needed Jeff?
I’m leaving for NC first, second week of January, I’ll be in FL the end of Jan.

Maybe just a little Bruce. haha Still surprised that my mechanic did not mention it during my annual safety inspection. I had the car inspected about two weeks prior to changing the pads/rotors so there is no way that the carnage seen happened in that time.

Yay for no more unwanted noises!

You are going down late this year Mark? Love the new bling.

Thanks! Looks cool at night, Levi had them and I was transfixed! 😜
Just a week later, hanging out with the grand boys while mom and day go away for their anniversary.
We’ll be in FL for a few weeks , then off to Hawaii for most of Feb. we went there on our honeymoon….1977😳

Nice Mark. Mary and I went awhile back to Maui. Very nice.

I guess I will miss you since we're in FL for the last 2 weeks in Feb.

Little work needed Jeff?
That's good Bruce. I need to do some more searching to find out what's squeaking on my right side (front and rear).

Did some Zen maintenance and washed her dirty butt to get all the road trip detritus off. Had to let the front bumper/hood soak for a bit to get all the bug carcasses removed.

Took out for a cool morning run around southeastern MA. Mia had been cooped up for 4 days (me as well)….rain, rain, and more rain! Great morning today!😉

Attachments

• IMG_7376 Copy.jpeg
    IMG_7376 Copy.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 53
Washed and waxed in prep for putting the MX to bed for the long winters nap. Not putting her to bed yet, but it's getting close.

Not done TO the MX but...

I installed all new kitchen cabinets and, after a thorough cleaning of the garage (including renting a dumpster to get rid of the junk) I installed the old kitchen cabs into my garage workshop. I'll be SO organized now that no-one will be able to stand it! :cool:

Attended Japanese car day at Larz Anderson auto museum today. Many great looking Asian cars and bikes.

Attachments

• A888E715-6A97-4A21-9EBE-9271190765A5.jpeg
    A888E715-6A97-4A21-9EBE-9271190765A5.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7699.jpeg
    IMG_7699.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7695.jpeg
    IMG_7695.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7686.jpeg
    IMG_7686.jpeg