What have you done to your Miata today?

JDM-P5 said:
I would love to get the launch control module...where did you purchase it from?

its part of the Hydra software, it "works" well to build boost. Only problem is when I have it turned on in my map I have no way to shut it off once I start rolling and it acts as a 4000rpm rev limiter

I spent the day looking for parts

A few weeks ago someone pulled in front of me in an intersection in Virginia Beach. I hit the brakes and swerved. We still made impact. The insurance company toteled the car. 91 BRG Special Edition. It has less than 33,000 miles. I just got it from my Aunt in NewYork a little over a year ago. It would have under 20,000 but my cousin drove it for awhile.
I am looking for front bumper assembly, hood, radiator, pasenger side bumper, parking lights. the head lights survived, (they were open).
I bought the car from the insurance company for salvage and found someone who restores mustangs who is willing to put it back together. I just need to find the parts.(sick)

slc91brg said:
A few weeks ago someone pulled in front of me in an intersection in Virginia Beach. I hit the brakes and swerved. We still made impact. The insurance company toteled the car. 91 BRG Special Edition. It has less than 33,000 miles. I just got it from my Aunt in NewYork a little over a year ago. It would have under 20,000 but my cousin drove it for awhile.
I am looking for front bumper assembly, hood, radiator, pasenger side bumper, parking lights. the head lights survived, (they were open).
I bought the car from the insurance company for salvage and found someone who restores mustangs who is willing to put it back together. I just need to find the parts.(sick)

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. Good luck with the rebuild and keep us up to date on the restoration. Kudos for undertaking this and saving her from the scrapper.

Wow man, that definitely sucks.
Keep us posted...literally...post up pics.
:p

Just did a massive cleaning and detailing. Had half the desert in my miata!!! It took a good 3.5hrs. , but was well worth it.

Especially the engine bay. Been doing a lot of work round there as of late, and hav'nt had a chance to clean up my mess. Gotta love Simple Green!! Does a great job getting through grease and grime.

Also an oil change (Royal Purple 10W-40). Seems to do the job perfectly when quieting the HLA's. Not to mention it handles quite well in the heat, with stop/go traffic.(2thumbs)

Well... it looks like I'm up for a new top yet again.(hand)

This will be the second time that I've had to have my Robbins top replaced, due to the glue not being up to par!

I got a cloth zipless glass window top from Robbins, through Raven Wing Performance. They're pretty good with following through on their warrantees. The first time the glue that held the winow in place started to give....thus the window would start to cave-in on the inside. Robbins replaced the top with no problem at all. Not even a full year later, and yet again, the glue is not doing it's job!!!! This time it's on the outside along the seam. At first I though it was just some dirt. But after a while, I noticed the separting seam started to get bigger.

So now I'm getting another new top. I think this time around I'm just going to ask for a regular top with the zippered plastic window. At least that way I won't have to worry about the problems that were going on with the cloth zipperless glass top.

Plus..... I also miss being able to unzip the rear window with the top up, for that "covered venting" effect, without the drag.:p

man... i've only replaced my top once... and it was such a pain in my arse, and still doesn't quite fit right... (mine wasnt an oem replacement or a robbins tho...)

i swear im never doing a top replacement again, ehe... the one thing i actually haven't enjoyed while working on this car ehe...

she's almost on the road again

kcbhiw said:
Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. Good luck with the rebuild and keep us up to date on the restoration. Kudos for undertaking this and saving her from the scrapper.

I found a pro to put the 91BRG back on the road. He was able to straighten out most of the parts. I needed a new radiator. I spoke with him this week he said it should ready next week!(drive)

IMG_1298.JPG.JPG

slc91brg said:
I found a pro to put the 91BRG back on the road. He was able to straighten out most of the parts. I needed a new radiator. I spoke with him this week he said it should ready next week!(drive)

View attachment 110397

That's excellent news!! She looks pretty rough in that pic. I'm glad she'll see the open road again. :)

-----In Other News-----

Today's project:
Type II Torsen with 4.30:1 ratio installed into the CSP car. :D Pics coming soon.

This is a week late.... just replace the top for the Robbins vinyl zippered plastic window. Everything went through without a hitch. Did'nt cost me thing!(nana)

Had Autospa USA do the job in order to keep the warrantee good. It's a good thing to be able to see properly out of the rear window (unlike the sunfast cloth zipperless glass window, which hangs low and makes visibility a pain).

Well, a couple days late, but got her another Atlanta SCCA region STS2 win under the lights @ our first night event. It was a BUNCH of fun, and stupid fast ;).

aMaff said:
Well, a couple days late, but got her another Atlanta SCCA region STS2 win under the lights @ our first night event. It was a BUNCH of fun, and stupid fast ;).

Good job!!!
I miss being able to have the time to do things like that.:(

maybe when I relocate to Illinois next year, I'll have time to get some things done.

still waiting...

kcbhiw said:
That's excellent news!! She looks pretty rough in that pic. I'm glad she'll see the open road again. :)

-----In Other News-----

Today's project:
Type II Torsen with 4.30:1 ratio installed into the CSP car. :D Pics coming soon.

I'm still waiting for the return of my Miata. Bummer, I was on vacation last week and the weather was great for zooooommmming!

^^ Sweet!!!^^
Looks nice and clean!

Well.... that virtually boots what I did today,out of content.

Rain-X'd my windows and changed my blades.:p

it's the little things that matter

Well, I'm sick of my bad endlinks. Under braking, they'd pop and give, screwing a bit with the car's attitude mid corner. They never fully lined up 100% correctly, and the bar's pre-loaded. SO, I finally found a product that'll fulfill my needs. I'm going from the Racing Beats:
54200.jpg

to Gearhead Garage:
GGlink2.5e.jpg

these should work just fine I think ;)

is that a mazda motorsports crate motor i see?

amaff: you didn't like the RBs? good to know, as i'm getting ready to order the 1.125" front bar (<--- see massive body roll in avatar), and had planned on the RB endlinks as well.

what did i do to the miata today? looked longingly at it as i waited for the bus. :(

Back