What have you done to your Miata today?

We never got it aligned before because his son had his smart level and other assorted tools tools for that down at Roebling (sp?) Road that weekend lol. Got the corner weights set and got it close. The only thing we were really able to get set was the toe. Today I ffound the reason for the spooky handling on 'normal' roads... caster was WAY in the negative, which is what I suspected.

In 8 hours it'll be like 5 am my time.
Just tell me how much for it shipped to 09821.
I trust it's in somewhat good condition.
Now I'm getting off the pc to go upstairs and relaaaaax.

so the battery was sitting on the charger for 2 days. doesn't hold a charge. bah

so the battery was sitting on the charger for 2 days. doesn't hold a charge. bah

I picked up a tractor battery at a chain parts store for $30. It's super light, the same size as the Miata's, and has been working well since last June. I can pull the specs from it if you're interested in the details.

I picked up a tractor battery at a chain parts store for $30. It's super light, the same size as the Miata's, and has been working well since last June. I can pull the specs from it if you're interested in the details.

um...please? :D

Alright, here are the pics. I won't be able to get a shipping quote until sometime next week (getting ready for the Dixie National Tour).

The small piece was never installed, but the main bit has a decent amount of scuffing on the bottom.

LOL at various miata parts on the work bench. How many can YOU find?? (hah)

Attachments

• IMG_1189 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1189 (Large).JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_1190 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1190 (Large).JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1191 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1191 (Large).JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 409
last one, seriously...

So I stay on topic... here's what we did to the Miata this weekend:

Attachments

• DSC_4670 c_filtered.jpg
    DSC_4670 c_filtered.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC_4671 c_filtered.jpg
    DSC_4671 c_filtered.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC_4716 c_filtered.jpg
    DSC_4716 c_filtered.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 416
  • DSC_4717 c_filtered.jpg
    DSC_4717 c_filtered.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 410
i reccon i'd add to this section because i have a miata too...
here are some pics.
i attached them rather than posting them up.
enjoy!

Attachments

• l_cab7cf9ff2d455d7e15f6c044b3112b0.jpg
    l_cab7cf9ff2d455d7e15f6c044b3112b0.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 408
  • 47b7cc06b3127cce9854890ff96f00000027100IaNGjho4bsT.jpg
    47b7cc06b3127cce9854890ff96f00000027100IaNGjho4bsT.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 420
don't forget about the zip ties! ;)
hah! I have that same bucket of zipties. I found it at Wal-mart while stocking up on bottled water and snacks for a track weekend. great deal for $5

Muff...lip looks good.

Hey..pic # 2 looks great.
Who is your co-driver?

And I had to add my baby to the mix:
66162631zw5.jpg

29186460mm9my6.jpg

Last edited:
word...cool man.

Oh yeah...I am reverting back to stock tail lights & my stock mirrors are on the way. YAY!

I want to apologize myself about the "lost in torque" quote i did. What i tried to mean was not lost in torque but that you have to rev a lil bit higher on a take off when you put bigger pipes to get the same speed as before with stock pipes. Now let mek now if that statement was right. thx! And sorry again (braindead

now there you will have to be careful. You will lose torque if you get rid of the resonance chamber in the pipe after the AFM. Do not put on one of those straight pipes if you're N/A.

Yea people told me that before, thx tho! But it isn't that you lose torque, just on a take off i will have to rev higher to take off uh

/\ /\ /\
What?

If you plan on spinning the tires evertytime sure. But you really won't lose THAT much torque...I mean you are running an NA car, so it's not like it's a powerhouse to begin with. You should really try get a good exhaust on there...I'd recommend a 2.25-.5" pipe. A nice intake and a good set of headers. That would get you going in the right direction. As you asked, I posted a nice enough exhaust..cat back at that for like $170 shipped to your door or something like that...I would have got that if I were you. :p

Back