What have you done to your Miata today?

I don't have 500 bucks to spend on a stupid dyno to get my wheels spin. I know what i'm talking about and i'm not talking s*** about manufactures, but my old miata had to go up to 4k to take off, 2nd gear was like pulling from 6k to 8k (nothing)
lol.. 3 dyno pulls cost ~$50.00 You don't know what you're talking about if you don't have numbers to back it up. Dyno numbers show time after time that you're not going to lose torque.

In fact, I will pay for the dyno if it show's a loss of torque. Until you do, we have nothing else to talk about.

Good productive weekend. I'm 99% done to get it running and out of the garage. I ended up taking care of the BOV and IAC hoses, but waiting for the JB Weld to finish setting. Battery is on the charger now :D I might have time this week to work on in the evenings, but work has me busy, so worse case, this weekend.

And although it's not a MIada, I worked on the truck too: new O2 sensor, headlight switch, and replaced a wheel stud so I can get it inspected and up to date (freaking inspection took 2 hours.. bah). Renewed the tags too.

Last edited:
lol.. 3 dyno pulls cost ~$50.00 You don't know what you're talking about if you don't have numbers to back it up. Dyno numbers show time after time that you're not going to lose torque.

In fact, I will pay for the dyno if it show's a loss of torque. Until you do, we have nothing else to talk about.

+1, I'll chip in $10 if you show a loss.

Or go measure it yourself. It's been nearly 24 hrs since your original post and you still haven't measured it? ;)
Hee hee...was gonna do it yesterday while I had it at the shop....but forgot my measuring tape. :(
cimg0037og8.jpg

YAY for carbon!
cimg0039xo5.jpg

Fixed by adjusting the MAF.
cimg0046ai2.jpg

Nw the car is super quiet & clean!

Phil, clearly your exhaust piping is causing you to lose back pressure and torque (hah)

Jk, looks good man.

One question: the shop didn't have a measuring tape laying around? Just sayin... If you JUST want the rear lip, I have the R-package one that I probably won't use. I'm probably going to put the front one on at some point, but the rear is what it is lol. I can take pics if you want. Let me know if you'd want it.

Phil, you may want to consider investing in a WBEGO (one with logging capabilities) to ensure that you don't have any lean spots in the power band, especially after tinkering with the VAM.

Out of curiosity, have you ever put her on a dyno?

Muff I want pics of that. Most likely, I'll take it.
Kevin..dyno coming up mang...lol.

ok, apparently there's some confusion over what exactly i'm talking about.

It's the compliment to the front lip that goes around the bottom of the bumper. If that's what you want, I got it! ;)

Phil, curious, but do you have any more heat protection for the brake M/C? you can never have too much. Currently, i have 3 layers of protection for the hydrolics in that area of the engine bay. I lost all pedal pressure once because of fluid boiling with just 1 layer of heat wrap. not a good thing to happen when braking for the Carousel at Summit Point/Shenandoah circuit (you'd think I was a sailor at the way I was cussing). Then I had no clutch either.

ok, apparently there's some confusion over what exactly i'm talking about.

It's the compliment to the front lip that goes around the bottom of the bumper. If that's what you want, I got it! ;)

Yeah that's cool...I'll take it...lemme know how much.
The lip spoiler I was referring to is from an M3...and it mounts where the rear wing would. It's quite subtle and looks pretty sleek imho.

Phil, curious, but do you have any more heat protection for the brake M/C? you can never have too much.
Have not experienced any problems...but a heat shield is in the works.
Also...working on a rear chassis brace...details to come on that.

Last edited:

50 bucks? where and i go now! Around here is 500

$500/day for a tuning session, perhaps. That wouldn't be unusual. 3 individual pulls will be $50-$75. Call around.

Thx nice to know! Will this intake will be good with an ram air or hood scoop?

P.S. it comes with a shield

Attachments

• 101-105.jpg
    101-105.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 372
And you'll probably lose torque.

Zing! :p Seriously tho I like that it has the heat shield, however if it were 1 of the U-bend (ie Racing Beat) type intakes, they get cool air from about the only spot you can get cool air under our very light hoods: behind the headlight.

Thx nice to know! Will this intake will be good with an ram air or hood scoop?

P.S. it comes with a shield
now there you will have to be careful. You will lose torque if you get rid of the resonance chamber in the pipe after the AFM. Do not put on one of those straight pipes if you're N/A.

now there you will have to be careful. You will lose torque if you get rid of the resonance chamber in the pipe after the AFM. Do not put on one of those straight pipes if you're N/A.

What straight pipe? That was just the adapter plate / filter / heat shield. It looks like it retains everything between the VAM and the throttle body

I know. I'm just making sure he doesn't get over ambitious and decided to get rid of the OEM plastic tube.

www.ratsback.com offers a headlight scoop in FG or CF (i have the CF one) and it's a + in my book. I don't have to raise my headlights anymore. Ofcourse, when I'm on the track I tend to have better flow with it up...lol...but for street it works like a charm.

Muff...pics?

www.ratsback.com offers a headlight scoop in FG or CF (i have the CF one) and it's a + in my book. I don't have to raise my headlights anymore. Ofcourse, when I'm on the track I tend to have better flow with it up...lol...but for street it works like a charm.

Muff...pics?

Damn, I was really busy last night. The car's at the shop getting an alignment done. When I have it back tonight I'll try and remember. Send me a PM in like... 8 hours LOL

Back