What have you done to your Miata today?

90% done :) After all this, I realized I forgot to account for the BOV and IAC in the pipes... But it'll run well enough without them :p I used an old bracket I made for the old radiator to use to hold the oil return in place (the bolt was for the stock airbox lol) ;)

Attachments

• DSC00859.JPG
    DSC00859.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 397
Hey...
anyone know the length of the trunk from side to side?
Its cold and dark outside right now...so I want to avoid going and looking for myself.
I'm checking out rear lip spoilers, but I need to know what the dimensions are first before I get it.
thanks.

Hey...
anyone know the length of the trunk from side to side?
Its cold and dark outside right now...so I want to avoid going and looking for myself.
I'm checking out rear lip spoilers, but I need to know what the dimensions are first before I get it.
thanks.

Just get the factory R lip. It's the best looking one there is.

I just got a '93 miata and wondering on which exhaust should i go for. Any ideas on custom? I've heard people complaining about getting bigger pipes means lost of torque, while other said you gain hp/tq. Please give me ideas, thx!

I'll appreciate any suggestion! :D

I ran the Thermal on my 97 and was happy with it. It might have more resonance than people prefer, but I liked it.

I just got a '93 miata and wondering on which exhaust should i go for. Any ideas on custom? I've heard people complaining about getting bigger pipes means lost of torque, while other said you gain hp/tq. Please give me ideas, thx!

I'll appreciate any suggestion! :D

Muff and myself are running this:

installed.JPG

It's 2.25" piping with a free flow dynamax muffler and weighs 5.5 lbs. It works pretty damn well if you don't mind the noise.

Last edited:
Muff and myself are running this:

installed.JPG

It's 2.25" piping with a free flow dynamax muffler and weighs 5.5 lbs. It works pretty damn well if you don't mind the noise.

That's 2.25 from cat? stock header/cat? Dynamax muffler plus a resonator i see right? Thx for your help! I need something really quite/mellow

That's 2.25 from cat? stock header/cat? Dynamax muffler plus a resonator i see right? Thx for your help! I need something really quite/mellow

Aftermarket header -> OEM Cat. -> Dynamax muffler.

There is absolutely nothing mellow about this setup. It rattles my dashboard at times.

Aftermarket header -> OEM Cat. -> Dynamax muffler.

There is absolutely nothing mellow about this setup. It rattles my dashboard at times.

Damn! Well i think i may add a resonator tu quite it down, but didn;t you lose torque with that free flow setup?

oh my dear lord. If I hear that a 2.25" pipe loses torque one more time I'm going to lose it. I quit.

oh my dear lord. If I hear that a 2.25" pipe loses torque one more time I'm going to lose it. I quit.
what are you going to lose, torque? :p

So it's Miada related since it happened while working on the Miada: I caught my pants on fire while welding. I'm apperently a liar.

baaaaah...just give me the size pleeeeeeeease.
40.5" at the rear edge. 42" at the front edge. And please, any spoiler has to have forum members ok or you will be made fun of ;) Actually with this bunch, we'll make fun of you regardless of what you get other than the OEM style.

That's what the 75% of people on this forum say and felt, so just come up with a formal explanation about it. In my opinion the answer is YES like it or not, i had a miata with bigger pipes than stock and straight trough muffler and the fucker got no torque, so sorry to disagree but that's all i can think of.

That's what the 75% of people on this forum say and felt, so just come up with a formal explanation about it. In my opinion the answer is YES like it or not, i had a miata with bigger pipes than stock and straight trough muffler and the fucker got no torque, so sorry to disagree but that's all i can think of.

ok. And I know what happened to mine when I removed the restriction of the stock flange. But you're probably right, thousands of users on the internet can't be mistaken...

got dyno results to back it up? Put it on the dyno and then lets talk. Going by what you feel is not very scientific.

got dyno results to back it up? Put it on the dyno and then lets talk. Going by what you feel is not very scientific.

I don't have 500 bucks to spend on a stupid dyno to get my wheels spin. I know what i'm talking about and i'm not talking s*** about manufactures, but my old miata had to go up to 4k to take off, 2nd gear was like pulling from 6k to 8k (nothing)

Latest posts

Back