What have you done to your Miata today?

gave her a patt on the shoulder in the garage as I walked to the protege ;)

Shopping for megasquirt... got my bonus so now it's time.

Shopping for megasquirt... got my bonus so now it's time.

w0rd! I should be setting my base ride heights (pre-corner weight) tonight :). Depending on how long that takes, I may also go ahead and put the brakes on and the seats in and go for a ride :)

Not done, but here's what I did yesterday. :) Plenty of room now. Although not pictured, i made some braces to support the corners. If I press my foot down, there is no deflection :) Going to get a aluminum crossflow radiator (24"x16" overall 2 1" core) to mount behind the support, and the intercooler fits perfectly up front. Still need to make the brackets for it.

Now to do something about that rust..

Attachments

• coresupport.JPG
    coresupport.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Not done, but here's what I did yesterday. :) Plenty of room now. Although not pictured, i made some braces to support the corners. If I press my foot down, there is no deflection :) Going to get a aluminum crossflow radiator (24"x16" overall 2 1" core) to mount behind the support, and the intercooler fits perfectly up front. Still need to make the brackets for it.

Now to do something about that rust..
In regards to the filthy face of your car as it presently sits:
orbit-gum-girl-726470.jpeg

For those who are slooooooow @ getting my wicked dry humor (i.e. Muff)...the orbit girl always says: "Dirty mouth? Clean it...."

As in...the car needs a wash.
(ugh)

The car will get washed when she brings me some gum. I'm too busy now :p

really? I'll have to check their archives... For you, here's an edited pic :p

Attachments

• coresupport2.JPG
    coresupport2.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 429
Ok. got another pic taken of the new core support. Once the raditor gets here, I'll make tabs on the bottom to hold it, but need the final measurement.

-ugh- the flash is not kind at all, it shows all the dirt and rust.

Attachments

• OMGHi2UCoreSupport.JPG
    OMGHi2UCoreSupport.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 428
Fadi,

Are you going to add any additional support to tie the two frame rails together? I foresee a significant amount of torsional twisting in the front end with that much metal removed at the front.

Fadi,

Are you going to add any additional support to tie the two frame rails together? I foresee a significant amount of torsional twisting in the front end with that much metal removed at the front.
yes i will. But honestly I don't see that much force that far up. It's well ahead of any suspension component. But i'm planning to add a bar up from to act as a bumper/support.

Hey folks wondering how the miata will sound with this glasspack (cherry bomb). Option one is change oem resonator for glasspack & stock muffler, option two is change oem muffler for glasspack & stock resonator. Remember header/cat/pipes will remain stock on both options.

Opinions on both sounds will be appreciated! (yippy)

Thx!

Attachments

• redhot.jpg
    redhot.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 439
Nada really.
I entered the Feb poll for Mazda of the month....not looking good for the Miata lol.

Back