What have you done to your Miata today?

got all my dash LED's, adapter for my OPG sender, and aluminum radiator in the mail today, gonna be busy after work tomorrow

^
I ordered close to 2k worth of parts last week. I hate playing the waiting gameeeeee.

Can't wait though!

Took it out for pics lastnight

4562989076_7efba95563.jpg

my tripod is busted, so i took a quick trip out with the sony point and shoot

Sorry for the crappy blurry point/shoot pics

I still plan on making my own curved shield as well as possibly attempting to swap the clear lens off the blazers if they fit

But got the problem of one being brighter than the other fixed. The TechOne ballasts i took from the wife's car is dying. I put my old DDM ballasts and now both driver's side and passenger side have equal hot spots (passenger side was half as bright as driver earlier)

anyways, onto pics

Stock hella 90mm low beams with 4500K DDM tuning kit
(glare is due to the plastic shrouds, since the hellas are actually lower than the bumper
4562136930_a3b6e03390.jpg

blazers with stock halogens (awaiting a new DDM wiring harness and they'll have 4500K in them as well)
4562136806_7db171b67b.jpg

and stock halogen 90mm high beams
4561507151_4f667ab903.jpg

and same order but out on a warehouse
4561507591_3c440739b5.jpg

4561508457_ede09db9b9.jpg

4562137834_0f85e2b32c.jpg

and low's and blazers
4561508905_aa5aa736e1.jpg

they're HID projectors, they're supposed to be like that. lol

Here's the step from the Acura TL's in the Protege headlights
3730523737_a3eb2d8a75_b.jpg

right side seems a bit high on the last pic. Aim it down some or aim the left side up some lol

Your lack of knowledge about everything always makes me laugh.

That looks like a great cutoff to me! Driving the MSM makes me hate the stock aged headlights in my NA.

the step is a little tall for my liking, and the cutoff is not straight enough. I want it to look more like my TL's, so i'll be making custom bent cutoff shields with a smaller step

I don't know if i would say they're better than e-codes, havn't seen them personally yet, but these low beams combined with the hID fogs (hopefully this weekend) will be more than enough for me

They have GREAT distance, just terrible foreground and width (but the foglights take care of both those problems. lol)

Plus i got to ditch the airbrakes

installed my radiator and VDO sender today, also converted the coolant system over to toyota red w/ redline water wetter. i love having a work oil pressure gauge now. Found it funny that the woman at advance autoparts said nobody ever buys the water wetter but the people who do all say they love it, me personally i love it and along with toyota red it goes in all my cars.

pic of the car i took while it was in my back lot at work:

miatabacklot.JPG

pic of the radiator:

radiator.JPG

they are not aimed higher than the other

this is one single HID projector's output

50ftnear.JPG

normally the right side is aimed higher then the left so you don't blind people. it also helps light up the side of the road and street signs.

but it isn't actually aimed higher

it's the step on the cutoff shield inside each projector

Both projectors should be aimed level, like so

this is both left and right projectors on, both have the same step cutoff
bbbbbml1.jpg

but as he stated, it keeps lighton the road ahead of you without blinding oncoming traffic

went searching for more dynamat...got more than i bargained for. everything behind the seats is covered in it. Got about half of it out so i am getting there.

Also got my interior white led festoon bulbs so i replaced the overhead and two floor lamps

Going to get the tag for the car on monday as well

sweet got a guy machining and repinning an exhaust cam for me to stick on the intake side of my engine

hand washed it for the first time today, was going to wax it but its supposed to rain from tonight until tuesday so no point. Went out and played with my trackmaster app some more now that i have a cell phone windshield mount, pulled about .9g before the front went into an understeer and got 1.3g of braking and the tires didnt even lock up. Very interested to see what it cant do with some real tired and actually messing with the sway bars, shocks and alignment more

removed the windshield washer bottle...don't need that in the summa, and took out the raid overfloe and installed a small al one..pics forth coming..

Back