What have you done to your Miata today?

looks sexy in the rain though. I love how nice cars look in the wet.

I removed my passenger airbag today

eh?

DSC_9525.jpg

^ that's what I'm talkin bout lol.

Anyone wanna buy a trunk release cable? I removed mine so the trunk can only be opened by the key. I'm thinking $50 shipped via paypal

i got one of those in my car, i disconnected it so i can keep stuff back there without worrying about someone breaking into it

yep, even more weight savings. Both the trunk & hood will be pinned instead of latched ;)

(ok I'll stop now)

yep, even more weight savings. Both the trunk & hood will be pinned instead of latched ;)

(ok I'll stop now)

no, don't stop, i likes hearing weight savings

and Josh, i gots no spare monies, so i can't BUY the header from ya, plus i have no idea when i'll have time to do the swap

Plus, i'm not doing the "buy/install/sell/buy/install" on this car

I've gotta decide if i'm gonna stay NA or spool or supercharge the car. Cause i've read the header isn't as easy as swappiing the P5 was

then maybe i will take Josh's RB replica

For now, depending on what he wants for it.

So I had the biiiig metal piece removed behind the seats today to clean up in there (the passenger side carpet in there was wet, not good. No rust though, threw that s*** out and wiped up under it). I cut myself a good amount of times due to wrench slippage and general impatience and cramped-ness. Removed bulb fixture from center console, trunk release cable but not the actual trunk-pull. Anyone know how to remove that from the gas-pull handle?

Also, is the brace bar necessary? I was thinking of leaving it off, because it weighs like 5lbs at least, with the bigass bolts.

brace isn't necessary, but I'd keep the package shelf. I don't really like the idea of having my back about 6" from the fuel tank with no firewall there...

yeah I put back the metal stuff, I just don't have the carpet/sound-deadening pad covering behind the seats. I'll go back out and remove the brace bar. I thought it was supposed to stiffen the chassis like a c-pillar bar but I guess it doesn't do much to that effect. Plus I'll be able to recline a little bit more :D

i think this weekend i need to pull out my seats i found some more dynamat peaking out where the plastics were cut for the roll bar

Back