What have you done to your Miata today?

Andy, looks like the tires on one side are barely on the ramp??

It's better than it looks, but it's not great. I'm adding a 2nd pair of 2x12x16s this weekend. The trailer is a bit wide and the car a bit narrow is all. It's fine if I have someone to spot me right now, but as far as driving up solo, no thanks. With the wider decks, it'll be a lot better.

got my gauges in and ordered the adapter for the VDO sender. cant wait for my LED's and CF gauge surround to get here. Also put the old white face up forsale in the miata FS section

DSCN0238.jpg

1. weight savings
2. I never really have a passenger so complaints will be invalid
3. I'm going to do a 90-93 dash swap eventually

I love how every time I tell someone of something else I strip from the car, they ask why. Because I feel like it, because a Miata is light as s*** and making it lighter is as much fun to me as adding power. I removed the washer bottle/pump, all the carpet behind the seats, and I'm removing the rest of the carpet tomorrow. AC/PS removal soon. Because I want to. Because my goal is to get below 2,000lbs. Because I love my car and I love not being a ricer.

Last edited:
I swear this forum needs a sarcasm font of some type LOL

FWIW the goal for mine is to get below 1700, so I'm well acquainted ;)

holy s***, 1700? Is that even possible? lol how do you plan on doing that? Remove all body panels and reinforcement bars and passenger seat and replace all glass with Lexan? haha :p

also note, the flush-mount headlight kit on gomiata.com claims a 25lb weight reduction from the barndoor headlights. I wonder how true this is, because just based on that fact, they are on my to-get list.

holy s***, 1700? Is that even possible? lol how do you plan on doing that? Remove all body panels and reinforcement bars and passenger seat and replace all glass with Lexan? haha :p

also note, the flush-mount headlight kit on gomiata.com claims a 25lb weight reduction from the barndoor headlights. I wonder how true this is, because just based on that fact, they are on my to-get list.

....what glass he is just gonna chop the windscreen completely off

i didn't actually weigh them, but i can vouch for it

They're WAY lighter than the pop up assemblies

....what glass he is just gonna chop the windscreen completely off

that's step 1. Windshield & all door glass is coming out. No top at all, the interior, the headlight assemblies (the barndoors will remain), the bumper supports, and a lot of superfluous wiring / etc. Even my intake's going to be lighter by a couple pounds over what's in there now (stock w/ heavy Racing Beat elbow intake). It Aaaaaaaaaall adds up :). Hell, going from 15" wheels & street tires to lightweight 13" wheels and slicks saved is going to be dropping over 40 lbs...

cool cool, thanks, although from what i'm reading, the stock airbox is more than adequate and intakes don't help, infact some hurt. lol

It's true. The RB's better than stock except for the heat soak, which sucks. Header blanket / heat shield helps a lot.

Back