What have you done to your Miata today?

anyone know of a good spot to wire up a volt meter? After installing the amp and now 2 sets of HID's, i'm curious if i'm always in the negative on the charge or not

best spot would obviously be the pos. batt terminal...if not the feed for the fuse box will work as well.

i guess i'll pull from the fuse box then, don't wanna run another wire through from the trunk.

Already ran an extention cord. lol

Well mine just had it's first auto-x last weekend. Fun as hell, but still getting used to coming from a fat, big, powerful FWD Supercharged Grand Prix to a car that is RWD and can handle.

Got the VC painted...didnt come out exactly as i had hoped, my guess is the wrinkle paint needs to slow dry and putting it out in the sun lets it dry too fast and it doesnt wrinkle. Otherwise it looks a ton better to me. Just cant wait to get the ugly brown radiator out of there...the shiny three row all aluminum radiator will be here wed. Also ordered my VDO oil pres. sender today to get rid of the dummy gauge and make it a real oil pressure gauge.

Before:

4.JPG

After:

DSCN0236.jpg

just read that part of the write up...i am not going to unspool it i will be removing the dampning grease thats in there though. That combined with the correct resistors should make the gauge work as needed...the only reason for really re coiling the wires is to make the gauge more linear i just wont get as much of an accurate reading at the top of the PSI range...and honestly if i was THAT worried about it i would just put in a real gauge.

there is a shop that respools here for like a hundred bucks. when i find that as a priority i will be taking it to them. I love phoenix. dozens of miata only shops <3

ran around for a few hours enjoying the mid 80 degree weather and sun

my arms and neck are fried

4547813433_d6c8a0d0f5.jpg

old busted nasty seats and 2 tone panels
25613_1421837386864_1260572038_2876754_2899046_n.jpg

and now the new cleaner painted seats and painted the panels
25613_1421839106907_1260572038_2876783_3186925_n.jpg

holy crap, that "Cloth" spray paint is MAD ITCHY!!

i'm gonna have to get covers or something, this ain't cool

I never use my washer fluid so it made sense for me to chuck it. My windshield is never that bad. I wash my car once a week and that's on a bad week. Usually it's 3 or 4 times.

Back