CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 572 of 572 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 8580

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

2009 Mazdaspeed3; 1991 Turbo Miata

Maturity is knowing that you were an idiot in the past. Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now. Wisdom is knowing that you will still be an idiot in the future.

2009 MS3
    2008 RX8
    1991 MR2

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

Does it count as weight gain if all the weight I gain is coming right back out?

I'll wait until I have the new rack in since the power rack is a little bigger / beefier than the manual rack (as it's basically a big hydraulic cylinder, instead of a basic rack & pinion like the manual rack). Once that's done and in, the ballast gets hogged out
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

muffled screams

I got sick of the dingus-arm on the adjuster catching my pant leg or accidentally disengaging it with my shoe. I played with it some and the length and shape is 100% for clearing the dash / column shrouding, and 0% for leverage.
    This is more betterer

After slapping a coat of paint on all the raw-steel brackets and re-installing everything, I had to put the new steering wheel on because LOOK AT IT

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $40

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Very nice work Andrew!!!! Question, doing all this, aren't you missing some races?

muffled screams

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Very nice work Andrew!!!! Question, doing all this, aren't you missing some races?
    Nope. Next event is October 8th, and the important bits only came apart last weekend. Everything else has been done with the car ready to go. And if I don't get it done this weekend, all the PS stuff comes out and the stock column goes back in. No biggie. Takes maybe 15 minutes to swap everything.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

muffled screams

Hahaaaa! It works
    I mean not that I ever doubted. Right? Right.

The system test was successful. Sketchy AF, but the damn thing works. Like...I could turn the steering without the wheel on the QR.
    Lots of electrical tape and a small amount of "holding the ground wire onto the pin on the switch", but good enough for a test before permanent connections are made this weekend.

Cool!

muffled screams

Oh HELL YES.

Haha!

muffled screams

Haha!
    It's so rad. I had to turn it down to about 1/3 power just to have some heft in the system with the tiny steering wheel attached. It's going to be SO good with the quicker rack and / or a quickener at some point.

Any chance to get new update on Mazda 3 2014? To extend the support I was asked for ~190 EUR.
    Using Tapatalk

muffled screams

Tidied up the wiring (taped / loomed / zip tied in place), then made a mount for the tach / shift light that can be seen both from the driver's seat, and on camera. I like using it to compare speeds between different runs on video, as it makes a really good, easy visual.
    After some trial and error and playing around with it some, putting it right on top of the upper steering column mount put it in exactly the right place.

muffled screams

Here's trouble...

The new steering? Heh, yeah, it's f**kin' good

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    Here's trouble...

The new steering? Heh, yeah, it's f**kin' good

I think you’re trouble, the kid hopefully takes after mom! Nice work on the steering column!

muffled screams

I think you’re trouble, the kid hopefully takes after mom!
    I'm not sure that's going to be much better. The only reason she hasn't been driving has been ongoing health issues (including bad shoulders...she's had 3 shoulder surgeries over the last few years). That's one of the biggest reasons I wanted to put power steering in the car. There were others of course, but this was a big one.

Nice work on the steering column!
    Thanks. Here's hoping it holds up over time. Though even if I need to replace it once a year (which I doubt, but let's just hypothesize worst case), it would be a $45 consumable. Not a huge deal. And if it ever fails completely at an event (which again, I have no reason to think it will, but just in case), we'll just get a shoulder work out after we pull the fuse and disable the system. It'll still work as a normal steering column.

Page 572 of 572 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572