VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 559 of 559 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 8385

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Nice! How much are they?
    $124 for my size 225-50-16 from TireRack. I bought mine in Canada for close to that amount.
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT

Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post
    Swap the 5sp out of your car to swap into this one? lol Can't hurt to take it for a ride though. What numbers are you putting out now?

They will get plenty of miles in two weeks.
    Am I missing something? Why would you trade your msm for another??

Mileage always an issue, I go through a set each year.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $10

2008 Miata SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i Touring 38L

That's just it, I'm at 190 to the wheels, 189 torque so not a huge increase....I did like the seats...
    No brainer then. Thge VR adds 10 ponies and it would be cheaper to just buy t b e seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reitrof View Post

He likes the seats? (Dunno)

You also autox over winter. How many events do you typically get out of one set?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Donated: $40

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by Reitrof View Post

I wouldn't really, I did want to take it for a ride though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 Mazda3 2.3

^ if you lived closer id let you take mine for a ride. not sure exact hp number but it pulls harder than my buddies msm and hes around 215whp

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Motorsports Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Donated: $40

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    ^ if you lived closer id let you take mine for a ride. not sure exact hp number but it pulls harder than my buddies msm and hes around 215whp
    Cool, ya I'd like to get 200+, but that's going to require a bit more and while I still have it registered it would be more of a pain (hydra/injectors)

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2009 Mazdaspeed3; 1991 Turbo Miata

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    1. Took the time to dump the ballast out of the car. 100# isn't a huge amount, but it's nothing to sneeze at.
    2. The 4.3 differential (vs the 4.1 that went up last year). The car actually pulled in 3rd gear now (actually hit the rev limit a couple times, and shifted to 4th for the fastest section).
    3. Driving. Without the distraction of it being my first time at that event, my first hill climb ever, etc, I had a bit more brain power to dedicate to finding the right line and finding where I was losing time and PUSHING.

There's more time out there with my car. But while my car is, for all intents and purposes, disposable (you don't put a car on track, ESPECIALLY not one lined by trees and rocks, that you can't walk away from), I much prefer rolling the car onto the trailer at the end of the weekend vs having to drag it up because I scattered it against a boulder. There's zero profit in this endeavor, and as such there are a few places where I know I leave time each run, and refuse to push too much harder because the consequences of and error there are far too great.
    I bet tightening the loose nut behind the wheel was most of it!

I get the 'don't push too hard' bit. Driving in Lemons I know that I leave time on every lap, especially when traffic is involved. But stuffing the car into a wall ruins everyone's weekend, and that's no good!

Maturity is knowing that you were an idiot in the past. Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now. Wisdom is knowing that you will still be an idiot in the future.

2009 MS3 - CAI, ETS TMIC, Cobb TIP, TRZ RMM, Forge BPV, custom STS and SW
    1991 Miata - T3/T4 turbo @12psi

2005 Mazda3 2.3

Cool, ya I'd like to get 200+, but that's going to require a bit more and while I still have it registered it would be more of a pain (hydra/injectors)

Yeah i have the hydra, 700cc injectors and the GT2560 turbo, but its doable in PA cause no emissions

muffled screams

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCH View Post
    I bet tightening the loose nut behind the wheel was most of it!
    It didn't hurt, knowing where it's more safe to push hard and where not to. But the differential made a huge difference in my right foot's ability to drag me up the hill lol

If you watch my video from last year, with the longer diff, any tiny scrub of MPH took AGES to recover from. This year, it pulled SO much harder. The twofold difference there becomes a) I'm able to build more speed regardless, and b) scrubbing speed was not nearly as punishing on the clock.

2005 Mazda3 2.3

drove it to work and hurt some "muscle car guys" feelings... 3 lane road, 2013ish Challenger and mid 90's Mustang GT decide to do a little pull...

both of their faces when the little red miata pulled on both... Priceless LOL
    Last edited by thejeans; 05-19-2017 at 02:56 PM.

2009 Mazdaspeed3; 1991 Turbo Miata

Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    drove it to work and hurt some "muscle car guys" feelings... 3 lane road, 2013ish Challenger and mid 90's Mustang GT decide to do a little pull...

both of their faces when the little red miata pulled on both... Priceless LOL
    Lulz. Awesome.

My personal favorite was a sling-shot win over a 5.0 notchback at the drag strip... boost for the win!

2005 Mazda3 2.3

the miata now has a new older brother.
    its a 1994 S-10, 4.3L v6, 7' bed, 4x4, and a 5 speed manual with 262k miles.

Donated: $10

2008 Miata SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i Touring 38L

Looks good Levi. Ive always liked that body style of the S-10.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

muffled screams

More setup pad work for the race caaa.

This weekend I spent some time turning larger bits of metal into subsequently smaller pieces. Tonight I'm going in the opposite direction and turning small bits of metal into subsequently larger parts.

I'm definitely no pro, but there is something very satisfying about doing "production" type work. Lots of seat time on the tools, where you just a pile of parts and you'll be done once you run out of parts to glue together, and you can just zen out behind the hood or face shield.

Page 559 of 559 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559