Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 554 of 568 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 8510

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

Donated: $40

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Thanks Jeff. It should be covered by the warranty.

'charger is scheduled to be delivered to JBP today. Hopefully the turnaround will be quick.

While I was removing the 'charger, I didn't watch what I was doing closely enough and broke the top right off the dipstick. No big deal I figured, got the part number off Mazda Motorsports and while at the dealer this morning getting the wife's RX-8 airbag recall done I asked the parts guy to order me one. According to what he saw the part has been discontinued. Say what? When I got home I went to Priority Mazda online and ordered from them. That was kind of strange to say the least.
    Well, at least you can drive the car now, good luck with the charger!

Donated: $10

2008 Miata SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i Touring 38L

Holy shit Maff. That drove me crazy just reading about it.

2005 Mazda3 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    Got the motherfuckers :diaf:

[im g]https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2884/34061236236_fd942da267_o.jpg[/img]

Man those things suck to remove.

You can see where the sleeves rusted to that ID in the housing.
    been there!! and i replaced them with mazdaspeed motorsports one, should have done delrin but it is what it is now.

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Motorsports Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    been there!! and i replaced them with mazdaspeed motorsports one, should have done delrin but it is what it is now.
    Yeah, delrin's nice and easy (and cheap...and stiff). I have delrin in the 4.1:1 diff that I run for autox, this is the hillclimb / "spare" 4.3:1 diff.

Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post
    Holy shit Maff. That drove me crazy just reading about it.
    It's a shitty job if you don't have a massive f**k-off press. Of course the other option is this:

...but once that's done, you STILL have to pound out the old sleeves from the housing. Drilling and cutting out the guts was a bit cleaner (still gross) and faster than going with fire, if far less spectacular lol
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    Yeah, delrin's nice and easy (and cheap...and stiff). I have delrin in the 4.1:1 diff that I run for autox, this is the hillclimb / "spare" 4.3:1 diff.

It's a shitty job if you don't have a massive f**k-off press. Of course the other option is this:

...but once that's done, you STILL have to pound out the old sleeves from the housing. Drilling and cutting out the guts was a bit cleaner (still gross) and faster than going with fire, if far less spectacular lol
    "Fi-a"!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT

Had the clutch changed out today. 160k miles on the old one and it not too bad shape. Not down to the rivets but close.

Changed to a stock clutch and Fidanza flywheel and changed the tranny fluid. Next up new tires and an oil change. Got a track date next weekend.
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

muffled screams

I started building a thing. Once I've got the 1st one built and am happy with the design, the rest will follow as time permits. These things.... they are not going to be light :lol:

Just under 9 feet of 3/16" angle in this frame, + legs + gussets + supports for the floor on the roll-off pad + stop plates at the front and back + scale pads = they'll weigh almost as much as the car, I fear...

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 GT (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD

Maff, I got lucky with my diff bushings and was able to use my ball joint kit to press them out. I did make sure to use some of my magic moly lube when I put the new ones in.

Damn Bruce, that's a lot of miles on a clutch! Seems like you are driving it right.

Dipstick showed up yesterday. I pulled out the old one and inserted the new one. Easy-peasy.

JBP called last evening. They said it was definitely leaking from the nose seal, but when they took everything apart there was nothing apparently wrong. All the seals were replaced anyway, and they were going to fill the oil compartment right up and leave it inverted overnight to see if anything else showed. I was supposed to hear back from them today but nothing so far.

While I was sitting around idle this evening I decided to do a foamectomy. For anyone who doesn't venture into Miata.net to be familiar with this term, you just remove the seat bottom cover and cut some foam off the seat. Long-time readers of this space will know that I did this to the original factory NB1 driver's seat. Same thing this time, and as I am still a glutton for punishment I reused the hog rings. I took 1-1 1/4" off the bottom of the foam, this lets the seat cover sit nicely so it doesn't appear to be any different. Once I had that job done, I pulled the back seat cover off enough to insert the inflatable lumbar support I have. With everything buttoned up and the seat back in the car, I gave it a sit to see how it was going to work for me. Acid test will be once I take a trip, but I like it a lot sitting statically.

muffled screams

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Dipstick showed up yesterday. I pulled out the old one and inserted the new one. Easy-peasy.
    I found out, wholly by accident, that there are at least 2 different length of dipstick for the various engines that were in the Miata, with one of them being about an inch shorter than the other. Not sure if the cutoff is Year Model, chassis code, or engine specific. So, I'd check just to make sure that they're both the same.

Thanks for looking out. I knew that the dipsticks were different between NA and NB models. According to what the local dealer looked up it's the same for all NBs. Plus it has a nice BP4W cast into the plastic top which makes a nice reference. Given past experience though, I did compare them side by side before putting the new one in.

What have you done to your Miata today?

Drove my MSM for the first time in 6 months, timing belt, front main seal, water pump...all went well, on to my first autox this sat! Yahoo!

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Drove my MSM for the first time in 6 months, timing belt, front main seal, water pump...all went well, on to my first autox this sat! Yahoo!
    Nice Mark. How did you do? What class are you running in?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

muffled screams

Did some welding on the prototype today

Pro tip if you want to sand something small and metal, and keep your fingers:

Quote Originally Posted by Reitrof View Post
    Nice Mark. How did you do? What class are you running in?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    ssm, lucky me!

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    ssm, lucky me!
    You and me both! Depending upon the venue, I can rely on running against highly prepared Corvettes etc. Makes for some depressing in-class results, but I have fun.

The supercharger is finally on its way back to me. As UPS is showing it being out for delivery I decided to do some prep work so once it shows I can slot it back in. The prep work consisted of pulling my N/A setup back off, as well as cleaning out the charge pipes and intercooler. There was some oil residue inside everything downstream of the 'charger. After looking at clearances my masochistic side flared up and I figured I could pull the intercooler without removing the front bumper etc. I was successful but it was extremely tight.

Here's a shot of the passenger side bolt holding the intercooler to the mounting bracket:

I had a wee bit more room on the driver's side so it wasn't as hard getting that bolt out. Once the intercooler was removed I cleaned it and the pipes with brake cleaner until they were clean. After airing out I put the intercooler back in. When I removed it I noticed that passenger side bolt had been impacting the A/C dryer. It hadn't worn through yet but it wasn't pretty (couldn't really get a picture). The mounting bracket holes are slotted so I made sure to move it towards the driver's side to give some clearance. Not sure how good you can see it in this picture, but there is room now.

Now I just have to wait on delivery of the supercharger.

Page 554 of 568 FirstFirst ... 54454504544552553554555556564 ... LastLast