CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 588 of 588 FirstFirst ... 88488538578586587588
Results 8,806 to 8,816 of 8816

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Good to see you putting that lathe to use.

Measured the height of the front coilovers and compared them side-to-side. Turns out they were only a couple of mms different. That got me to thinking and after I hoisted her ass into the air I checked the recommended spring length on the installation instructions against actual. Turned out both sides were off by 5-7 mm. I made those adjustments to bring them into the correct length. All of the nuts were tight so I don't think anything moved, I must have just done them wrong the last time I messed with them. I double-checked the length of the rear springs but both were correct.

Then it was on to the main event. I took a good look at the muffler the other day and found the driver's side was hanging lower than the passenger side, which allowed it to contact the lower diffuser. Note that NB1s have four hangers for the muffler, while NB2s only have three. The FM muffler I have only has three mounting points. I used urethane hangers thinking that would provide enough support, but with the extra piping of the dual outlet muffler the weight overcomes the lone hanger on the driver's side. I found that the piping had been resting on the 949 subframe brace I have in the rear (this is the piece I had previously relieved for some clearance). You can see the height difference here:

After some research I found this lovely little number:

Since I don't have access to a welder, this seemed like it would do what I needed. This is where it needed to go:

For easier access I removed the lower diffuser. Figured I would be able to get it cleaner while it was off, and it was a good thing I did as I was carrying some extra weight around from MATG:

After some playing with the hanger and removing the excess material, here is what I ended up with:

Final comparison shot to see how the muffler is even side-to-side now:

Test drive showed I am no longer rubbing on the front driver's side fender liner, and I have less vibration being transmitted into the car. I had noticed what I thought was more vibration when I first got her all back together in May, but thought maybe because it had been so long since I last drove her I had forgotten the normal level of vibration. I'm now pretty sure that was due to the exhaust sitting on the subframe brace.
    Good work, looks right!!

Donated: $10

2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

Drove her for the first time in six weeks!!!

Back on July 26th, I partially tore my right Achilles while playing basketball at work during my lunch break.

So excited to be able to drive myself to work tomorrow!

2005 Mazda3 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post

Back on July 26th, I partially tore my right Achilles while playing basketball at work during my lunch break.

congrats on getting back behind the wheel, i feel your pain on missing time behind the wheels and not being able to drive yourself for a long time. i partially tore the lateral ligaments in my ankle last summer, i was in a boot for 8 weeks and it was 12 weeks before i was able to drive the miata.

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

What have you done to your Miata today?

Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post

Whoa! Achilles is a tough injury.... glad you’re ok! Drive it right!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    congrats on getting back behind the wheel, i feel your pain on missing time behind the wheels and not being able to drive yourself for a long time. i partially tore the lateral ligaments in my ankle last summer, i was in a boot for 8 weeks and it was 12 weeks before i was able to drive the miata.
    Thanks Levi and Ouch! Yeah, it sucked not having the freedom to just get behind the wheel and go somewhere. Thankfully I have a couple of nice co-workers who took turns bringing me to the office. I was in a boot for the full six weeks but thankfully I only had to sleep with it for the first three.

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Whoa! Achilles is a tough injury.... glad you*re ok! Drive it right!
    Thanks Mark! Indeed it is, I'm just thankful that it wasn't a full rupture that required surgery. I've heard/read quite a few stories of six month recovery times after Achilles surgery. I intend to!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 GT (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD

Jeff, good to hear you are healing well. I know how much it pains me to be without driving my Miata when I'm gone, it would suck that much more when I am home!

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

Took the kids out to a vacant school parking lot to get a little bit of a feel for their kart. We'll probably do this one more time before hitting up a practice day at the local kart track.

~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 GT (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    Took the kids out to a vacant school parking lot to get a little bit of a feel for their kart. We'll probably do this one more time before hitting up a practice day at the local kart track.
    It is great you are sharing this with them, and that they are taking to it with excitement.

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

It is great you are sharing this with them, and that they are taking to it with excitement.
    We'll see if that excitement holds once it turns into work

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT

Thanks Mark! Indeed it is, I'm just thankful that it wasn't a full rupture that required surgery. I've heard/read quite a few stories of six month recovery times after Achilles surgery. I intend to! [/QUOTE]

I had a full break with my Achilles. not a fun recovery. Glad to hear you're ok
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

Jeff, good to hear you are healing well. I know how much it pains me to be without driving my Miata when I'm gone, it would suck that much more when I am home!
    Thanks Mike! Yeah, it sucked walking past her every morning to meet my ride in the driveway.

BTW, yours is looking good. Love that a$$ shot with the diffuser.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    We'll see if that excitement holds once it turns into work
    Trick is to try and make that work seem like fun.

Can't believe how grown the boys are. Great shot with the thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reitrof View Post
    Thanks Mark! Indeed it is, I'm just thankful that it wasn't a full rupture that required surgery. I've heard/read quite a few stories of six month recovery times after Achilles surgery. I intend to!
    I had a full break with my Achilles. not a fun recovery. Glad to hear you're ok[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bruce and how the hell have you been? Haven't seen you around in a while.

This recovery with a partial is a PITA, I can only imagine trying to recover from a full tear.

Page 588 of 588 FirstFirst ... 88488538578586587588