Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!

Compare auto reliability with reliable results at TrueDelta.com!
Page 550 of 550 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550
Results 8,236 to 8,243 of 8243

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Motorsports Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

Ok, these I'm REALLY excited about. And another reason why I wanted a "fixture" table. I can put these anywhere on the table...or off of the table with the fixture squares.

Also added on board storage for my clamps. I think I want to make a rack for my grinder wheels next.

~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 GT (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD

Despite it being cold today, I decided to make up for my sloughing off this week and swap out mufflers. I didn't have any real problems, one thing to note is the NB1 has four hangers on the muffler, while the NB2 only has three. It is perfectly secure on mine with just the three. I also took the opportunity to replace the urethane hanger I put on last year for a new factory rubber one in the interest of reducing some noise transmission into the cabin. I do have some contact now between the rear section of the exhaust and my 949 rear subframe brace so when it warms up I'll pull that off again and do some clearancing with my grinder like I did before. I also found that some roadkill I ran over a while back left more residue than I thought on the underside, so I got rid of all that.

I mentioned before that the car will travel some horizontally as the QuickJack raises. In the interest of general knowledge I took some measurements to see how far it moves. The car will move 3 1/4" when putting it into the low position, that is with the locks in place. Add 1/2" of travel for those to clear to pull them out. For the high position, the car will move 10 3/8" with the locks in place. Add 1 3/4" to that when you take the locks off.

Finally, I measured 18 1/4" clearance from the bottom of my FM frame rails to the floor in the highest position. That is using the thinner rubber blocks, the thicker ones are 3" thick so will add around 1 1/2" of additional clearance.

muffled screams

I've got a budding career as a car model

I also met my kids' favorite racecar driver again
    (yeah, it was feckin' cold. I had 4 layers of both tops and bottoms on lol)

Last edited by aMaff; 03-13-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Don't quit your day job Maff.

After some thought, I decided to buy a set of NB2 seats in parchment leather. While I love my Recaros, they aren't very comfortable for longer trips. Since the wife and I are headed to MATG in August I figured it would be a good buy. They should be here next week.

Still haven't heard anything from Jon Bond Performance about my supercharger despite several efforts to get in touch with them. I may need to look into options for action.

I sent a message to JBP last night and heard back within a very short time. From what he told me this must be a busy time of year for them, plus they have had snow and illness impacting their productivity. He said mine has been disassembled and he will be in touch shortly with an evaluation.

muffled screams

Customer communications is one of those basic ass things that so many companies completely drop the ball on
    Glad everything seems to be on the up & up.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    Customer communications is one of those basic ass things that so many companies completely drop the ball on
    Glad everything seems to be on the up & up.
    I know. I can understand having a backlog, but it shouldn't be that difficult to send an e-mail upon receipt of the unit with a projected timeframe on when the owner can expect to hear something. Oh well, at least I know it got there and is being looked at.

Received the condition analysis and repair cost estimate for the supercharger. It had bearing failure (likely due to the lack of oil, which was probably due to faulty seals), some rotor contact with the housing, a failed bypass valve and failing rotor coatings. The casing and housings can be repaired without replacement, rotors will be cleaned up and coated, the housing will be honed to remove the marks. All the consumable items will be replaced. I think I dodged a big bullet by catching it when I did. Based on their advertised turnaround time, it should be back here waiting on me when I get back home.

Page 550 of 550 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550