VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 563 of 573 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 8594

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '06 RX-8 GT (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD

You're supposed to say, "Because racecar." Whatever works, that's the important thing.

The PDR guy was in today so I drove over to the shop for him to see what he could do. He removed the one in the driver's front fender I caused when I fell back with my elbow while working on another car. He got most of the big one out of the passenger door, he used a little popping tool with adapters he hot-glued to the door over the ding. He said if he could have gotten in behind it he would have gotten it all, but it was located right where the inside structure of the door tightened up on the front side so he didn't have access. The price was a mere $30.

This afternoon I decided to give installing the Feal top hats on the rear shocks another shot. This time I left off the thick bottom washer provided with the top hats, along with the rubber spring isolator Ohlins provides. I left the bottom washer in the shock because it has a bevel that mates with a bevel on the shaft. See the picture for what I mean:

Once that was all together I adjusted the overall length back to where it was, preloaded the spring and put it all back together. Ride height is where it was, everything looks good. I'll give it a good test tomorrow.

2005 Mazda3 2.3

well no one has come forward with any cash for the car yet so i decided to do a bit of work over the weekend on the car. swapped the 5 speed out and installed an MSM 6 speed back in the car, adjusted the clutch so it wasnt grabbing right off the floor, Installed a 5 point harness and when doing that, found out the roll bar wasnt actually installed correctly so i fixed. and last but certainly not least i finally got the boost gauge moved out from blocking the speedo, i hated the location one of the PO's had it.

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    found out the roll bar wasnt actually installed correctly
    wait what? How?
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

2005 Mazda3 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    wait what? How?
    it was only bolted into the locations by the seatbelts, so 4 bolts held it in. neither of the " backing plates" were actually even drilled. All the holes are now drilled, and backing plates were ordered, and now installed. Its a real roll bar now and not just a style bar.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

muffled screams

Quote Originally Posted by thejeans View Post
    it was only bolted into the locations by the seatbelts, so 4 bolts held it in. neither of the " backing plates" were actually even drilled. All the holes are now drilled, and backing plates were ordered, and now installed. Its a real roll bar now and not just a style bar.
    Wow.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $40

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Wow.
    Wow, wow !

Yeah, that's pretty messed up Levi. Glad you found and fixed it.

2009 Mazdaspeed3; 1991 Turbo Miata

POS. Previous Owner Shit.

It's why I have trust issues.

Maturity is knowing that you were an idiot in the past. Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now. Wisdom is knowing that you will still be an idiot in the future.

2009 MS3
    2008 RX8
    1991 MR2

Donated: $1.67

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege 1660, 2004 Winning Blue RX8, 2005 Mazda6

I've been trying to purchase a block from someone somewhat local, finally was able to get a time scheduled to look at it, went last night and ended up buying it. It came with a freshly "rebuilt" cylinder head (new stem seals and machined) which I told the owner I had no need for as he originally told me it was from an '02. I didn't even look at the head and simply loaded it into the car last night with the block. Well, this morning, I decide to actually look at this head and it's a fucking BP4W. Woot. Ordered my gasket set and timing components last night. I'm pleasantly surprised with my finding. Hope to have the engine fully assembled this weekend and installed into the car next weekend.
    ASE Certifications: A1, A4, A5, A8, C1, P2
    Mitsubishi-Fuso: Electr. Cert. 1, 2, 3 and 4

2007 Mazdaspeed 3:
    2005 Mazda 6 S: Gone.
    2004 Mazda RX8: Gone.
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #1660: Gone and missed.
    2003 Mazda Protege5: Gone.
    2002 Mazda Protege5: Gone.
    1995 Mazda Miata Best $50 I've ever spent.

Nice score.

The 'charger belt is staying nicely in place and I'm seeing 10 psi of boost. Unfortunately I'm back to having the gas smell under boost, it appears my tune is off. I have to wait for another hard disk to arrive to cannibalize so I can get all the data from my failed laptop's drive. The Rivals handle great, I think I have all the mold release agent scrubbed off. The rear shocks seem to be working better with the extended top hats as it seems to float over bumps that were harsh before (you wouldn't know the difference unless you had experienced it). I do need to get an alignment now.

When I installed the top hats I left out the extra insulation I had put in the sound tubes between the trunk and the cabin on each side. I wanted to see how levels were with the RB muffler. It was definitely louder without the insulation so yesterday I decided to put it back in. You can see what I am referring to here:

Here is the insulation used:

Yes, that's a lowly foam pillow. A local guy turned me on to this and I have been running with them in place for several years (I'm pretty sure I documented this earlier in this thread). Here is how it looks once they are in place:

You can remove the gas filler pipe for more access on the driver's side, but my masochistic side arose and I just pushed the pillow around it. FYI there are a lot of fasteners and steel pieces sticking into those spaces so it's really easy to cut your hand if you aren't careful.

Donated: $10

2008 Miata SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i Touring 38L

Holy Shit Levi! Thats some crazy shit. Why install a roll bar if you are going to half ass it?

That is a great score Preferio!

Good to hear the new pulley is working Mike. Watch those fingers and wrists amongst all that metal. And is your tetanus up to date? Lol

Detailed the interior yesterday. Tomorrow Ill work on the exterior. Sunday is a run with the local club.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

muffled screams

Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post
    Good to hear the new pulley is working Mike. Watch those fingers and wrists amongst all that metal. And is your tetanus up to date? Lol
    The man works and lives much of the year on a giant slab of steel that inexplicably floats on the world's oceans. I'm going to guess that they're up to date....either that or he's built up a remarkable immunity to lock-jaw

The man works and lives much of the year on a giant slab of steel that inexplicably floats on the world's oceans. I'm going to guess that they're up to date....either that or he's built up a remarkable immunity to lock-jaw
    I live my life like I drive- FLATOUT!!!! Besides, with all the grandkids I have my immune system is up to date with all the latest downloads.

Donated: $40

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Took her to Larz Anderson auto museum for cars and coffee

Donated: $1.67

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege 1660, 2004 Winning Blue RX8, 2005 Mazda6

Started assembling the engine yesterday. Didn't get much further than organizing some stuff and sitting the head on the block simply bolted into place and not torqued. Had an X5 I needed to do some diagnosis work on in the direct sunlight and 97 temperatures. I left the engine on my back patio, exposed to the elements, though somewhat covered. Woke up to a gnarly thunderstorm at 1am and ran downstairs and outside to cover it. Somehow I awoke before the rain started. Luckily.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Page 563 of 573 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565 ... LastLast