VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 595 of 599 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 8971

Thread: What have you done to your Miata today?

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by aMaff View Post
    I guess 'ignition' is the wrong work. "Timing" seems to be the thing. If the intake cam isn't where it's supposed to be, OR the spark is going off at the wrong time because the sensor's bad or the reluctor ring's shifted on the cam, it could have these symptoms.
    Sure, timing makes sense.

Donated: $10

2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    With apple car play I need to keep the phone plugged in all the time, so the wireless charging is not an issue
    [/QUOTE]

Me as well with android auto but I use a wireless charger at work.

you know, I did think of you when I WAS checking the fusebox. Thankfully the 5 or 6 fuses in mine are a lot easier to check. But yeah, they're good. And since it does actually crank and run, I know it's getting fuel AND spark, but something with the ignition is not right. Since the OCV is making some noise even when the car's not running, I'm going with that first.

So...you're saying it's not one of those? There's a chance the reluctor ring moved, which would require probably replacing the intake cam, but I don't think I'm quite to that point yet.
    I <3 U 2.

Agreed, seems like a timing issue.

muffled screams
    Protege5 & Protege FS Moderator

1992 Miata / 2003 Pathfinder

It might not be running at this moment, but parts are coming in

Shiny!
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    114 DP

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

It might not be running at this moment, but parts are coming in

Shiny!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Me as well with android auto but I use a wireless charger at work.

I <3 U 2.

Agreed, seems like a timing issue.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

muffled screams

I spent some of the afternoon doing something I've never had to do (and something probably unnecessary, but, you know, while you're in there...) and designed a fuel system from more or less scratch. Still retaining the stock sender unit and tank, but everything from the pump forward will be new -6 AN lines (except for 1 of the stock hard lines, which I plan to retain). In the interest of keeping clutter out of the engine bay, I'm going to have the pressure regulator in the rear (still need to take things apart to figure out where exactly), which means I'd only need to send the feed from the regulator to the fuel rail forwards. 1 line under the hood, vs 3 (feed to regulator, return, reg to rail) and the reg.
    I'm planning on using teflon lined Slip-Loc hoses. By most accounts, any normal modern hose will hold up fine with ethanol (including in my own experience, using rubber hose and pump gas), but when there's a couple dollar difference between the PTFE and unlined hose, it seems silly to chance it.

muffled screams

Good news, my car's running! Bad news, it wasn't the OCV (well...something's wrong with that OCV) or CAS.
    It turns out the tank was f**kin empty, and cars need fuel. Some times even I am astonished at the magnitude of my genius!

Oh a hunch, I threw a half gallon in and it fried right up and revs. I'm an idiot.

In my defense, the OCV was making a weird noise, so it's been replaced with one that isn't. If that hadn't been happening, I probably wouldn't have latched onto that idea as quickly.

Apparently the last time I parked it, despite it running fine, it was barely on fumes and would have died completely within a minute of parking it lol

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Awesome news! Love it when itís something so simple as a fuse, or empty tank of gas.....

muffled screams

Awesome news! Love it when it*s something so simple as a fuse, or empty tank of gas.....
    Yeah me too. When, after replacing the OCV (which *was* bad, just not the cause of the issue, obviously haha) and the CAS and it was still doing it, I was trying to think of reasons adding air hurt it. Well obviously because there isn't enough fuel. Well why isn't there enough fuel? *shrug* Let's splash some in the tank and see if that works.

Sure enough...

Donated: $10

2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

LOL Andrew. We've all been there before....something goes wrong and the little things get overlooked as our minds are in overload trying to figure out what in the hell broke and why. Just happy to hear it's fixed!

I got a reman starter installed last week. One week to the day of the initial fuse frying, it happened again, but at work. I got out of the car, all grins as I was "hot shit" and knew it was a super easy fix!! Grabbed a 20A fuse out of the trunk and swapped out the blown one, turned the key and.......silence. Well that wiped the shit eating grin off of my face real quick. I had one 20A fuse left so I put it in but only turned the key to "on" and then checked to see if that blew it. Nope, so def. the starter when trying to turn it over. Called USAA for another tow and my mechanic had her fixed on Monday. I still can't sit down after paying that bill and kicking myself in the ass for a)not having it towed a third time to the house or b)not calling my BIL to see if he could help. Hindsight being 20/20 he was off that day and said he would have happily picked up a starter and drove it to my office so we could install it. Such is life.

On the plus side, she fires right up and purrs like a kitten.

muffled screams

The most important part of my next project has arrived

Also this week, I kinda have the 'bookends' for the new motor in.

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

The most important part of my next project has arrived

Also this week, I kinda have the 'bookends' for the new motor in.

Yummy!

muffled screams

She was a faithful companion and had served me well, but it was time that the ol trailer moved on to another member of the motorsports family <3

Last edited by aMaff; 04-15-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

She was a faithful companion and had served me well, but it was time that the ol trailer moved on to another member of the motorsports family <3

What did you get to replace it?

muffled screams

What did you get to replace it?
    Picking up a used 20' enclosed (WITH AC!!!) from a racing buddy this weekend

Page 595 of 599 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597 ... LastLast