What have you done to your Miata today?

Looks good Levi. Ive always liked that body style of the S-10.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

More setup pad work for the race caaa.

This weekend I spent some time turning larger bits of metal into subsequently smaller pieces. Tonight I'm going in the opposite direction and turning small bits of metal into subsequently larger parts.

I'm definitely no pro, but there is something very satisfying about doing "production" type work. Lots of seat time on the tools, where you just a pile of parts and you'll be done once you run out of parts to glue together, and you can just zen out behind the hood or face shield.

More setup pad work for the race caaa.

This weekend I spent some time turning larger bits of metal into subsequently smaller pieces. Tonight I'm going in the opposite direction and turning small bits of metal into subsequently larger parts.

I'm definitely no pro, but there is something very satisfying about doing "production" type work. Lots of seat time on the tools, where you just a pile of parts and you'll be done once you run out of parts to glue together, and you can just zen out behind the hood or face shield.

Cool stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled another 1.75 lbs of rotating mass off of the drivetrain.
Yes I know it's close in and as such worth practically zero, but the rubber that attaches the steel ring to the diff input flange is a common failure point, and 1 of mine is starting to go. Since it seems the only reason it's there is for NVH, it's time for it to go.
A few minutes on the wire wheel to get rid of the rest of the rubber residue and it's good to go back in.

Damn man, sorry you've gotta get rid of it, but like you said, life happens. Hopefully she's not your last :)

The project that never ends is finally coming to an end. Just need to make the roll off pad floors for the 3 new ones, and slap everything with a couple coats of paint.

And they stack!!

Today I turned the ugly rear bumper reflectors into working lights. If they are going to stay on the car, they might as well have some form of function. I used a pair of 3" HD LED red semi flex strips from Diode Dynamics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Such sad news. You just got her running good too. :(

Sadly, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Damn man, sorry you've gotta get rid of it, but like you said, life happens. Hopefully she's not your last :)

my fiancee already knows that because i have to sell this car right now that i get a "no questions asked" fun car in the future.

Jeff, I dig those lights. Looks Good!

what did i do today... listed her for sale :(

adulting sucks, ill just leave it at that

Know that feel bro.

I actually helped my old Miata's current owner with a few things over the long weekend. I'm definitely going to own a Miata again at some point...

Finally have these *almost* done. Just need a good cleanup and some paint, and to finish the removable wheel stops. After that, it'll be time to set these up (level & square).
I'm SO excited to have these in the shop.

AutoX diff swapped back in, AutoX exhaust swapped back in, AutoX ballast swapped back in. Need to take out the seat-back brace required for HC and it'll be ready to go for the rest of the year :)

Also finished the fab work on the setup stands. Came up with a super easy solution that still allows the stands to stack 2 x 2, and still hold the car on the stands should it start rolling for some reason (turning a wrench under the suspension on alignment bolts with the brakes off for some reason, as an example):

It's just a 6" piece of 3/8" rod, with a bullet nose ground in on each end (so it goes into the pockets easily on the bottom, and doesn't dig into the tire on the top), bent a few degrees with a sledge hammer. I put all my weight on a couple of them and jumped up and down a bit and they didn't give. If they can take that, they can take what little force a very low speed tire is going to impart.

Set FTD :D
I had 4 drivers in the Village Bicycle today, 1 of which had never driven it (his normal ride is an XP Solstice, and is my main local competition, but his car's down), and all 4 of us were in the top 10 overall. Ridiculously fun day

34450037843_a1e3018472_z.jpg

Maff, you 'da rennysauce man. Driver, fabricator...the list is practically short. I kid, it's all very, very cool.

Spent some money with Rev9 tonight. Bought two pieces, might be considered as one piece since they go together. Yes, it's a tease. Everyone reading this will just have to wait until I'm home shortly for pictures. That is provided shipping is as stated and the package is waiting for me.

Great pic maff, as always!

Mike, ive got an idea on what you got. Ill wait for the reveal and then let you know what i guessed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Success!

This was perfect 50/50 last time I had it on the scales on the floor :lol:
Yeah, it's super not level. But at least now I have a good reference to work off of.
(weight is with 210 lbs of "driver")

I found a problem with my tire stop design, however. The fronts are tall enough to foul on the splitter when rolling the car on / off of the scales. I also found that I accidentally built in a solution to that issue: Flip them upside down and they clear :D

Unfortunately it looks like everyone, myself included, will have to wait for a while. The parts I ordered are made to order, with a 1 1/2 month fabrication time. Rev9 sent me an e-mail asking if I still wanted the order to be processed (of course!). So if I'm really lucky, it will show up just in time for me to install it before I head back to work the next time.

We'll see if Jeff can remember his guess after that length of time...

Back