new Falken ZIEX ZE-912

I have now lol. I had the ziex512s as my last set of tires and really liked them. They didn't last as long as I had hoped, but that's cuz I beat the tar out of them so you can't really blame the tire for that one. Hopefully Falken keeps a good thing going. Good price, good grip, good wet performance.

I have been using the 512 for about 2 years now and they have been good tires. if the 912 last longer and give the same or more grip, I'll get them once my current ones wear out.

I need to buy new tires in the next couple of weeks ....I'll probably have to grab some 512's again unless the 912's come out sooner than expected.

I have the 912's for my 01 Protoge ES 2.0 GT

I just bought a set of the Falken 912's, I had the stock Dunlop s5000 (terrible tires). I have my winter tires on right now but will give a full report once I get em on the road.

BUMP!!

Anyone been on 912's for long enough to tell me if they last longer than the 512's? My 512's need to be replaced, and while I was very happy with the grip and quiet ride, I'm not so happy with the wear. If the 912's actually do grip like the 512's, and last more than 20,000 miles, I'll jump on 'em.

I've had the 912's on my 1992 Sentra SE-R and 2001 Protege ES... they're pretty good in the wet and dry, but absolutely lousy and dangerous in the snow.

BUMP!!

Anyone been on 912's for long enough to tell me if they last longer than the 512's? My 512's need to be replaced, and while I was very happy with the grip and quiet ride, I'm not so happy with the wear. If the 912's actually do grip like the 512's, and last more than 20,000 miles, I'll jump on 'em.

I have 912s as well on the P5 but abuse them in autocross so it would not be accurate I guess. For the price they are a great tire.

I just bought some at Discount Tire to replace my 512's. The 512's were ok, but wore faster than I thought they would.

I went to the store with the eBay auction I found them for. 215/40-17's for $85 each ($342 shipped) and he gave them to me for that price. Funny how my total bill....after install, taxes, etc was $460. :rolleyes:

I'll report back how I like them when I get them on next week.

If the 912's actually do grip like the 512's, and last more than 20,000 miles, I'll jump on 'em.

My 512's were down to the wear indicators at around 15,000 miles (about 10,000 of that was strictly interstate driving). I was almost happy when a piece of metal went through the sidewall of one of them and I replaced all 4.

Got the 912's put on yesterday and drove all day in the rain. They do great in the rain and are nice and comfortable. My 512's rode more choppy than these from what I remember. All in all, very happy with my purchase even though I spent much more than I expected to.

I have had the 912s for about 12,000 miles. They were fine for the first 10k, but after that road noise was absolutely terrible. I mean it is REALLY bad. I have trouble hearing my passengers while talking to them. When I turn the wheel, they make this weird warbling sound and vibrates through to the car.

I'm changing my tires out and I still have more than half the treadlife on them.

Mine have been good for about 2000miles now. Traction is alright, they're just on my MX6 V6, so 165hp can break the tires loose in 1st and 2nd.

Back