Another Ipod question? The OEM accessory

I went back & forth with my dealer about this NAV/SIRIUS/Aux issue and they maintained it wasn't possible. I even asked them to contact Dwayne at Wayne Mazda in NJ to figure it out! (based on an earlier post)

I settled for just SIRIUS & NAV since I really don't use an iPod anyway so it didn't matter ... I just wanted the option in case I ever get iPod savvy.

Unfortunately when they installed my SIRIUS unit at my request (was not factory installed) they did something that messed up my AM/FM antenna ... so before I drove away I noticed that I had no radio stations at all. The salesman tried to figure it out for a few minutes but it was getting late and we were getting nowhere so I told him to call me after he talks to his technician this morning. Resolution TBD ... I still have no AM/FM.

You realize they are lying to you though, right? I don't know why you'd take a $40k suv off the lot when things weren't working (aux port disabled, am/fm broken). I would have refused delivery and demanded my money back based on them not delivering what was promised. Your issues would have been resolved promptly.

Last edited:
Dealer picked up the car at my office the next day and took it back to his shop ... a wire had been disconnected while installing the SIRIUS and it rendered my AM/FM antenna useless. Easy fix as I suspected. The dealer topped off the gas tank, dropped it back off and now I'm just making sure that he credits my lease for the extra 40 miles he put on the car.

When asked what they could do to make me 100% satisfied (recognizing that they screwed up by not testing the AM/FM before I got there), I suggested they could throw in some accessories for free! I guess we'll see how bad they want those survey scores!

Nice little road trip planned for this weekend ... let the zoom zoom begin ...

Can anyone confirm (or not) whether the song info displays on the information area? I have a 2007 non-Nav, non-satellite GT CX-9. If the information doesn't display, I am not sure I would spend the coin just to have the steering wheel controls work.

Anyone?

Thanks.

I was led to believe that the song information does not display on any screen (info or nav), but I could be wrong; hopefully someone with the accessory can comment.

If so, it would seem like an awfully expensive charger since the steering wheel controls are useless to me without knowing what I am navigating to.

Can anyone confirm (or not) whether the song info displays on the information area?

The display show the playlist number, the track number within the playlist, and the playing time for the current song. Song titles are NOT displayed.

Attached is the user manual.

Attachments

• Mazda iPod link user manual.PDF
    288.3 KB · Views: 3,088
The display show the playlist number, the track number within the playlist, and the playing time for the current song. Song titles are NOT displayed.

Attached is the user manual.

Thanks l-miwa! You just saved me some money. I guess I'll look into the Harmon-Kardon Drive+Play.

Thanks l-miwa! You just saved me some money. I guess I'll look into the Harmon-Kardon Drive+Play.

I really like my Drive+Play. Took a little work to route all the wires (original version, not new wireless version). Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• HK_install_1_sm.JPG
    HK_install_1_sm.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,799
Anybody know a cradle (no electrical or FM stuff) that works well with the iPod in the CX-9? I'll just plug it into the Aux port, but I'd like to have it sitting up where I can read the screen.

Back