running board

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
Tell me what your opinions are on this I know our cars are not designed for step running boards. But do you think adding something in chrome like the ones found on trucks would be a good stylish Idea not to mention have it stick out I say an inch to the outside so if someone where parked next to you and swung the doors open it will hit this running board opposed to damaging the car? I am trying to find an idea to this problem people here where I live are like animals don't have any regards to someone else's property they will back up, bang your door etc.. and drive off like nothing happened.

RB_FXchr.jpg

No matter how nice the running boards are, it is not suitable for the CX7 because of the car's height....it will look funny to say the least. A side skirt is a better alternative.

Sad to say, the car will get dings and scratches no matter what. We'll just have to live with it.

I'd say a side sill would look nicer or something more tubular. FYI: My husband has running boards on his Mariner and I thought they looked nice(color matched) but I hate them since the car has such a low step in and I try avoid it when I get in an out and it hits my pant leg and gets me dirty and scratches my leg in the summer. It's a preference but that convinced me not to do it on a normal step in height car.

I would only put side steps on a pickup truck. In my opinion, they don't do the CX-7 justice. I agree with the posters above; side skirts are more appropriate and will look much nicer. Something like the kenstyle kit from japan fits the body lines best.

Back