M6 Rear Wiper Mod Pics - Before and After

SeminoleMan

:
'03.5 Sunlight Silver P5
Some members may have seen Cable43's how-to on changing the Protege5's rear wiper to the more aesthetically appealing Mazda6 wagon rear-wiper (see link to thread below.)

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123643192

I wanted to include some side-by-side photos of the rear-wiper before and after install. This includes a closer look at the stock Protege5 and Mazda6 wagon rear-wiper.

Let's start with a comparison of the wipers.

DSC04559.jpg

The Mazda6 wiper can be seen at the bottom of the photo above, the Protege5 wiper at the top photo. Notice that the Mazda6 blade is actually SMALLER than the Protege5's. You don't really notice the smaller coverage area at the bottom when the wiper makes it's sweep, but the Mazda6 rear-wiper assembly seems to do a much better job of dispersing of the water.

Just thought I'd note that with the Mazda6 rear-wiper, you lose the ability to stand the rear-wiper up. This seems minor, but in a state with snow it's nice to not have the wiper frozen to the window when you come out.(help)

Here's a pic of the stock assembly:

DSC04557.jpg

Here's a pic of the newly installed Mazda6 rear-wiper:

DSC04560.jpg

From another angle:

DSC04563.jpg

Despite the smaller blade area, I recommend the mod simply for the cleaner look alone. Less then 30-minutes install for a $30 mod.

Last edited:
Yep, I've done this mod too. It looks so sleek for $30. Love mods like this. This and the CX-7 antenna, and next up are Mazda Tribute windshield washer spray nozzles for the hood.

holy freakin crap I've seen the pics and the wiper but every time I see pics of the difference I'm shocked.

I need to do this mod.

Back