Power Steering GONE????

red02lx

:
2002 Mazda Protege LX
Allright so we got a couple of inches of snow here in West Chester PA today. So I decided to go have some fun with my car after school. So I went to a parking lot with my buddy and it was sweet. But on this one turn I was fyling sideways and then I hit a curb hard. At first I thought my whole driver's side was gone. But then I got out and thankfully there is no physical damage. But, there is a problem however with the steering. I feel as though my power steering is gone, because it is very heavy to turn the wheel. I could be wrong, but does anyone have experience with this?? PLease let me know of possible problems ou think it could be!!!!
Thanks,
Pat

p.s. pray for me and my protege

I don't know much about my new Protege but I had a Chrysler LeBaron once and it was hard to turn the wheel. It was the Rack & Pinion steering that had to be replaced. Big Fix. $600. Hope this is not your problem. Maybe it leaked Power Steering Fluid. Good Luck. Someone on here will have a more mechanically inclined response. :)

you mightve bent something inside the wheel that you cant see from the outside. if not then it could be power steering fluid leak

bvines18 said:
you mightve bent something inside the wheel that you cant see from the outside. if not then it could be power steering fluid leak
ok so if I have power steering fluid leak, what do I do about that? And also if I bent something, will I have to replace what I bent??

red02lx said:
ok so if I have power steering fluid leak, what do I do about that? And also if I bent something, will I have to replace what I bent??

it depends on what it is. im not sure what it could be but theres definitely a chance you have to replace it if somethings bent. and for the leak, im sorry but i cant help you there, i havent done anything with my power steering before.

Take it into a reapir shop and get an estimate, they will tell you everything that needs to be done.

thats definitely the way to go. and even once they tell you what needs to be fixed, you dont have to get them to do it. do it yourself and save some money

Back