New Project

:
'06 5, '04 WRB WRX
So I've had a pair of Orion mid-bass speakers from my Odyssey sitting in my garage. I've decided to put one to good use and install it in one of the cubbyholes in the rear
. Mind you this is an experiment. We'll see what bass I can get out of it. Not looking for much. Just enough to fill the rear area.It'll be powered by either a Kenwood Kac7202, an old ADS, or one of my other spare amps sitting around somewhere.If these speakers don't do it, I might go up to an 8". Got as far as cutting the MDF in the shape of the right side cubbyhole panel.
DSCN0507.jpg

DSCN0503.jpg

Will keep you updated as I go along.

2cam16 said:
Yup, got the idea from your project !
Let us know how the 10" project goes.

Well I have a tempt enclosure right now, MDF with black carpet over it makes it blend into the rear seats, looks almost factory. But I really want to make one out of fiberglass so I can have a little more curve to the side that meets the car and also want to aim the sub slightly upward.

Here's it first installed. Looks a little rough and the car is kinda dirty so it doesn't look as nice in the picture. Once I finish raising the ceiling in our kitchen and painting, etc, I can get onto my fiberglass enclosure. Also have my Massive Audio 4 channel amp under the front seat using a David Navone LOC.

Oh, and the 8" as nice as it was, simply is not on the same level as the 10". It's an Arc Audio ARC sub and wow, it's clean and hits hard.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 215
Kid Red........How did you fit the amp under the seat and any issues with the heater vent down there ?
TIA

zoom-thanks and yes, hehe, it does.

2cam- Easily. You are restricted by size, 12"x10" I think. There's a gap in the middle on both sides leaving a space for the wires and cables to go. You won't find many amps that size with decent wattage, you really have to search. No heat issues at all. It gets a little warm at loud levels and heavy bass notes but nothing to concern me. It has plenty of room in front where the heat sinks are and in the rear which opens to the second row. The one I have was only $200 and 4 @ 100w. It's an excellent amp, clean sound quality to my front Polk momos and channels 3&4 bridged to my sub leaving the rears unamped.

Hey Kid your Mazda is exactly what I wanted. Same model/color. It looks quite nice! I went black because there were no platinum in stock. My next one will be that color though :).

P-bouchr, Actually, wife wanted the Dark Grey and they didn't have one with NAV (which I had to have) She didn't like blue and they didn't have a black one. So, the only non blue with NAV was the platinum. It grew on me, they lowered the price a week later and I grabbed it. Only pin stripe I've seen in the states like mine, so I feel unique. It's a nice color, waxed well with a ton of speckles in the paint.

Back