Buying price compared to leasing rate?

sbmrinaldi

:
07 CX9 Grand Touring FWD
I have narrowed our car purchase to the CX-9. We were dead set on the Pilot due to features, reliability and we had a good deal lined up-$30,600 plus tax for an 07 EXL-4wd with Navi.

Once the CX-9 started to roll out I switched my thought process. I hate to take a gamble on a new production, but the CX-9 offers much more for the money.

We currently have a pending deal on a GT front wheel drive with the Bose and sunroof package for $2600 off MSRP. Does that seem like a good deal? I searched and it appears to be a good price this early in the game with the CX-9. It brings the price to $32430. We opted for the front wheel drive for mileage. It shows 18 in the city as opposed to the all-wheel at 16.

The dealership plans on running some numbers for a lease program as well. I would plan on buying the car at the end of the lease unless there were too many issues with the first year production, so the lease would need to work out similar to the buying option. It has been awhile since I looked at lease options so I am not sure if the lease could work out the same as buying outright upfront. I have read of many good lease options on the CX-9, but my dealer said they just plug in the numbers and Mazda does the rest??

sbmrinaldi said:
I have narrowed our car purchase to the CX-9. We were dead set on the Pilot due to features, reliability and we had a good deal lined up-$30,600 plus tax for an 07 EXL-4wd with Navi.

Once the CX-9 started to roll out I switched my thought process. I hate to take a gamble on a new production, but the CX-9 offers much more for the money.

We currently have a pending deal on a GT front wheel drive with the Bose and sunroof package for $2600 off MSRP. Does that seem like a good deal? I searched and it appears to be a good price this early in the game with the CX-9. It brings the price to $32430. We opted for the front wheel drive for mileage. It shows 18 in the city as opposed to the all-wheel at 16.

The dealership plans on running some numbers for a lease program as well. I would plan on buying the car at the end of the lease unless there were too many issues with the first year production, so the lease would need to work out similar to the buying option. It has been awhile since I looked at lease options so I am not sure if the lease could work out the same as buying outright upfront. I have read of many good lease options on the CX-9, but my dealer said they just plug in the numbers and Mazda does the rest??

The lease price of the CX-9 I just purchased was lower than the lease price of a less expensive Edge I looked at. I'm not sure about the details since the sale price and payments were right, but I've been told that Mazda has an aggressive lease program in place right now for the 39 month lease. I understand the other lease durations aren't as attractive.

seanbirm01 said:
The lease price of the CX-9 I just purchased was lower than the lease price of a less expensive Edge I looked at. I'm not sure about the details since the sale price and payments were right, but I've been told that Mazda has an aggressive lease program in place right now for the 39 month lease. I understand the other lease durations aren't as attractive.

I would be interested to hear more about the lease program...Mazda has never really had any good lease programs. The residuals are generally terrible. Maybe with a 30-40k car they will hold their value, but I wouldn't count on it.

Back