Rough Idle - Recently cleaned EGR valve Also ABS Sensor and VSS issue

MSpeed2397

:
2003.5 Speed Protege
Now I have removed the VTCS on my intake mani, so I know this may be causing issues until the car is warmed up, but I don't know why exactly it is doing this all the time. I will have my car on for over 20 min, temp gauge is showing correct temp and all that.

The deal is that I got it back from the body shop and they did mess with at least some of my electrical components in order to repair what they need to repair. From my knowledge they messed w/ the fuse box and when I got the car back from them it started up fine. I realized I forgot some things at the shop and turned off my car when I got back there. After I came out and tried to start it again, car wouldn't start. It would turn over, but not start. They said they replaced the "engine fuse" which I don't know what the heck that is, I'd assume main fuse, but also the speedo is no longer working, as well as at least one of the ABS sensors. He took off the caliper and rotor on the driver's side of the car because he said it was violently shaking. So he removed the rotor (which is not even the correct MSP rotor) and machined it out so it would fit correctly around the hub. The wheel no longer shakes, but from what I've heard the ABS sensor is also the vehicle speed sensor, and it is located on both of the front two wheels.

So long story short:

I have no speedo and my ABS light is on as well as my CEL. I need some help from anyone that can assist. I am trying to have my car ready for the ohio meet we're having on mar. 10th

Thanks all,
--Mark

take it back to the shop. you have no speedo and lights. that should be enough, never mind the rotor issue, thats rediculous.
do you know these guys well?
if they cant even get the right parts, what good are they?

The shop that previously worked on it did that...unfortunately they're no longer around and they couldn't find my rotor, I'm pretty sure it went out on another car...also pretty sure that's dangerous as hell...the guy at the most recent shop (nick's frame and body) told me that the wheel was moving up to about an inch in either direction. The rotor did not seat arount the hub so instead of being | is was at an angle like /...NOT good... Anyways, I think when he took off the rotor something might have been messed up with the ABS sensor and since the VSS sensor is integrated into that (so I hear) I think he might have messed that up too. It also concerns me since my ABS light is on that it might not be working on the driver's side, but working perfectly on the passenger side. That would = me spinning out when braking at some point in time I would assume. But any clues as to what's up with the VSS or any pictures/tutorials on it? I did see a link to the mazda dealer's website, but you needed a login and p-word to it. Anyone help with diagrams or anything of the ABS/VSS sensor?

Back