* * * Evo Roll Call!!! * * *

Nickd

:
2003 Evolution V///
I've seen alot of people on here that had a mazda but now have evo's. Just curious to see how many people with evo's are actually on here. Post what car you had before the evo and the mods youve done on the evo so far! :)

I had an 02 Protege 5 before the Evo. My new car isn't modded yet. I am happy with it in stock form..lol

hellcat said:
I had an 02 Protege 5 before the Evo. My new car isn't modded yet. I am happy with it in stock form..lol
Ya I thought I was going to keep mine stock too! lol it didnt work. You should get the skunk 2 lowering springs! They ride so good and look damn good!

I paid about $24,500 out the door on my 03 evo 8. It would have been $21,000 out the door, but I was upside down in my msp 3,000$

i have an 05 w/ a RNR TBE w/ HFC and magnaflow muffler and a dynoflash reflash. spring/summer brings new wheels/tires, intake, mbc, fuel pump, bov, brake pads, evo 7 tails, and another reflash. so far i've only ordered the pads, still shopping around for wheels/tires and the rest will be in summer probably

I got my 06 SE for 32k out the door
I've got TBE, MBC, Walbro pump, AEM short ram, Reflash(Soon to be Jestr Tuned(rockon) )and just got dropped with swift springs today!

Antoine said:
That's quite a jump in price & power from the Pro...lol

Is your MR a daily driver?

Yeah, the Mr is my daily. I get to enjoy it at least twice a day. (work and back)

Donas64 said:
You lucky lucky guys. Sometimes I wish I had an evo.

It is a big difference. With the Mazda you have to really fight for every ounce power you can get. With the evo $100 bucks can get you 50 whp. (a ecu flash and a MBC). Every thing you do to the Evo will get you crazy results. Not to mention it's a strong motor that can take a ton of hp stock. I love Mazda's, but I am also really happy with my new car.

I have a hook up for a custom flash through the email for $50 - $75 and you can buy mbc's used for $25-$50 all day. As a matter of fact I have a barely used extra MBC right now. I just got a EBC. Hmm. Let me take that back, I have a barely used Turboxs MBC and I also have a Perrin MBC that I won't be using anymore. All you need for a email in tune is a tractix cable, and the logging programs that the tuner will usually provide. It's built into the price of the tune.

bump and checking in!

had an 03 msp, then a 06 shinka rx8, now a 06 IX MR :) I so far have a cat back, testpipe, hks drop in, and c/d + slotted rotors w/ axxis ultimates. i'll be purchasing a new clutch and injen sri + u/licp then get it flashed. i had a maf adapter and fujita filter... but it made the car run like complete crap (no tune). so it came off :)

a buddy of mine just got a tactrix cable so i'll (well, he'll) be doing some tuning for driveability after my flash.

what are you guys paying for insurance? I was quoted some crazy high premiums and I have a perfect record. The STi was a bit worse in monthly premiums. I wanted to get a evo or an STi but I refused to except the rates of either one of them. Just didn't add up to me. I'm married, perfect driving record, damn near 30 years old, and have USAA which is always low. Hell, I even shopped the quote and came up with worse rates.....

the quotes i've gotten have been ~$200/month for 23yo w/ 1 ticket for 15 over 2 years ago. however i actually pay $100/month because i'm still on my dad's policy and he has homeowner's + 4 other cars on the same policy so i only pay what it costs to add my car

check out travelers.com, not to shamelessly promote but recently we redid the pricing system for auto and many people have gotten great prices from the new pricing model

jred321 said:
the quotes i've gotten have been ~$200/month for 23yo w/ 1 ticket for 15 over 2 years ago. however i actually pay $100/month because i'm still on my dad's policy and he has homeowner's + 4 other cars on the same policy so i only pay what it costs to add my car

check out travelers.com, not to shamelessly promote but recently we redid the pricing system for auto and many people have gotten great prices from the new pricing model

I haven't been quoted anything close to what I pay at USAA. Right now I pay grand total of $78 per month for my IS and my Santa Fe. $200+ per month for insurance is just nuts to me. I paid that when I was 19 years old and got my first policy.

Back