Sick to my stomach

as far as a G35, my friend bought an 04 last year, but it was still around 22k. If you found one for 18K I'd wonder how much abuse it has taken.

I would take a step back and think about what you really want in a car before you make a decision though. I finally stopped doing the whole serious mod thing because I got tired of the hassle. A factory warranty can be a great thing.

Familia323 said:
as far as a G35, my friend bought an 04 last year, but it was still around 22k. If you found one for 18K I'd wonder how much abuse it has taken.

I would take a step back and think about what you really want in a car before you make a decision though. I finally stopped doing the whole serious mod thing because I got tired of the hassle. A factory warranty can be a great thing.

hence why she should get a sti and be done w/ it

ZoomZoomH said:
hence why she should get a sti and be done w/ it

If she can't resist modding an MSM there is no way in hell she can resist modding an STI.

There are rougly 18 million performance parts available for that thing.

seanmcsean said:
If she can't resist modding an MSM there is no way in hell she can resist modding an STI.

There are rougly 18 million performance parts available for that thing.
No crap. Just like the MSM the STi will ask for some serious modifications.

seanmcsean said:
valid option, but probably not exciting enough.

I like 'em though.

there's a reason i ultimately chose the 8 instead of a Legacy GT back in Nov '04

*argue mode ON*

ZoomZoomH said:
there's a reason i ultimately chose the 8 instead of a Legacy GT back in Nov '04

*argue mode ON*

an 8 has a weird engine and handles better than the GT could ever dream of.

I would've made the same call.

Familia323 said:

This is true. Like Dana said "Don't go all Kristin on me." I don't think I'm going to get a car AGAIN without thinking about it a little more first. I didn't think about the first Miata ( 01 LS ) and that was gone in 6 or so months of time. Now I have the MSM that I've had roughly around 8 months and I'm wanting to get rid of it.

This is going to take some serious thought. The good thing about this is the MSM will still be around for a little longer. This is NOT going to happen in a couple of days, a week, or maybe not even a month. I'm going to stick it out for private sale first to see what happens, if it doesn't sell, then I'll take it in for a trade. So, with that said, it'll give me more time to think things through to see where I really want to go next.

(Also, lets not forget the days it'll take to de-mod it. Jesus, I'm dreading that..)

well here's the thing Kristin.

How attached are you to fuel economy?

If you like getting decent MPG's a GTO wouldn't be very good for you. Neither would a g or z for that matter.

you know it will take a LOT of fuel to actually wash down past the piston rings and get into the oil pan right?

what I'm thinking is happening is, you're getting enough blowby (happens on any turbo motor) that the blowby gases is getting sucked back through the PCV system, getting into the stock oil catch can and from there making its way back to the oil pan

yes, the MSM has a stock oil catch can, and it has a drain back design... its not like a traditional oil catch can where it just catches the oil and you have to drain it yourself manually.... the MSM one has a hose connection at the bottom of it that feeds back to the oil pan

so why don't you disconnect that or get an aftermarket oil catch can first and look at the oil again afterwards

Back