Sick to my stomach

k-lea

Banned
:
2005 GTO
So, the clutch..

..now gas in my oil.

Of course it's the obvious that I changed my oil to find this out and the gas was so potent smelling in the oil. First I thought it was due to the reason of my starting the car to warm the oil up, but I took it to another level and stuck my hand in the oil and it REAKED of gas. First instinct said "ZOMG, GOOGLE!@#" I read, I cried, I hit myself. To further "examine" things I gave a call to Dino to figure his thoughts on the situation. After telling him this he was like "oooh, man.." that hit me hard. *sigh* I'm not much for lady luck.

So, basically this is what is going on:

This is not being caused by richness, since I seem to be reading a 14-15 under boost ( which I find odd since I practically dump fuel @ idle and it's the only thing you smell while driving ). SO, the fuel is getting on my cylinder walls, thinning them out and screwing that whole area up. PLUS, the gas kills the lubrication of the oil to my engine. Super.

Like I told Dino "Either I'm the unluckiest person with this Miata, or I just notice these things since I do all the work."

Tomorrow will tell me more what's going on with running a compression test.

Thank you google AND Dana (Kooldino) for your help.

Also, I want to add if tomorrow has bad results I will be killing the Miata off to buy a beater and work from there. If that happens and this is going to result in what I think it will, no MSM for a while.. :(

buy a used solstice. I hear they are good. :)

I'm really sorry about all the problems. The MSM still is my dream car. I love the miata.. a turboed miata would be a dream..

Cant give up now.....

Talk to Discreet and see where he got his modivation to keep trying :) I still scratch my head on how he didnt give up after so many failures.

I'm at that point where I'm asking myself if I should stay, or go. I almost feel like I'll betray myself and my goal if I just throw my hands up and say "I can't do this anymore." I can do it, but it's going to take some time to fix this issue due to my financial state. Sure, I make decent money but I have other expenses than just this car.

I can't really say anything right now and have it set in stone since I'm not sure exactly whats going on, but I think it's going to be time to just set the MSM aside and give myself a break and some time to gather money/thoughts so I can put this thing where I want it to be at.

I have no patience when it's comes to these things. I see a part that I want online and I have to have it NOW. This whole process has been a total learning experience for me and I have grown in so many ways since I've dug myself into the "modding world." This will be just another lesson and most likely the hardest one I have come across, patience. That plays a HUGE role in modding a car but I have yet to really experience it like I think I will be in the near future.

Oh, and I don't think talking to him would be a good idea due to past happenings..(boom03)

Well I knew you were trying to blow the thing up, but atleast get some use out of it first lol. That sucks though, what u gonna do about it? Im sorry your car hates you...

I thought you were actually sick... I was going to tell you to drink some pepto.

k-lea said:
Well...bad news..

..I think I'm going to move on.

So the problem is that you need a new engine right? Why not try to find one and do a swap?

If you do sell it are you going to sell it as is?

I'm not going to put forth the money towards this car. Period. I'm getting something that already has some power to kill my "need for speed." I spoke to my ex who has been through this before and he said plain and simple "Get out while you can.." He dumped a nice 10k+ in his MSP and knows he will NEVER get to see that money again. I know, I know..tis the name of the game, but it's a game I don't want to play right now.

I will be taking off the parts and selling it somewhat stock. The wheels will obviously have to stay on since a previous accident that killed my stockers.

k-lea said:
I'm not going to put forth the money towards this car. Period. I'm getting something that already has some power to kill my "need for speed." I spoke to my ex who has been through this before and he said plain and simple "Get out while you can.." He dumped a nice 10k+ in his MSP and knows he will NEVER get to see that money again. I know, I know..tis the name of the game, but it's a game I don't want to play right now.

I will be taking off the parts and selling it somewhat stock. The wheels will obviously have to stay on since a previous accident that killed my stockers.

When you sell the car, are you going to sell it as is? Any idea about what its worth?

k-lea said:

I have a stock VR MSM w/ 4k miles in showroom condition on my lot as we speak :p

maybe get an FC or FD RX7? just to keep it in the mazda fam?

what are you lookin to get anyway?

Latest posts

Back