rims or replace hood?

msp03.5

:
2003.5 Madzdaspeed protege
Ok here is my dilemma. I want to buy rims for my msp but I also want to replace my bad Vis hood and unfortunately for me right now I can only do one or the other. So what would you guys do? My carbon hood is fading and looks like crap and my rims have lots of curb damage (love the potenzas in winter baby lol). I talked to a place that can order the rota torque wheels in my size and color I want and it will take 3 months. I only have to put down half the money until they are complete so thats a good thing. Or I say F the rims and replace my faded hood. Both cost the same amount shipped to my door. Also I might add I show my car with my team and hood is usually popped anyway during the show even though I know judges will still mark me down big time for faded hood syndrom lol.
thanks in advance for any help,
msp03.5
albert

Are you sure it's not the clear on the hood that's fading, because you could re clear the hood and save some money.

I vote to change the hood. GeminiComposites reverse cowl hood would look awesome on your car. Plus, I prefer the Racing Harts over any Rota wheel.

orlandomsp said:
Are you sure it's not the clear on the hood that's fading, because you could re clear the hood and save some money.

Vis cf hoods do not come clear coated, it is just a smooth gel coat finish like many other manufactures.

i would say just reclear the hood and use the rest to order the wheels. and pay for the rest over the next three months. i plan to get my vis hood, dg grill and eye recleared in the next month or so. to each his own

thanks to everyone good suggestions guys I think I will have to order the rims and see how much it would cost to clear the hood. Anyone have any idea about how much it costs?

msp03.5 said:
thanks to everyone good suggestions guys I think I will have to order the rims and see how much it would cost to clear the hood. Anyone have any idea about how much it costs?

My guess is it might cost any where from 100 to 200 bucks , depends on the shop.
What color and size torque's are you getting?

sandspeed said:
My guess is it might cost any where from 100 to 200 bucks , depends on the shop.
What color and size torque's are you getting?
17x7.5 in full royal sports bronze. I really liked the way they looked on your msp I have been tossing up different styles circuit 10s torques and the attack. But after seeing the torques on your car made my decision. Thanks for the info ill have to start calling around to see what it will cost.

msp03.5 said:
Over this past summer, I had my entire CF hood sanded and reclearcoated -- AND I had that custom paint job done on two-thirds of the hood as well. Grand total was a little over $300, and they did fantastic work.

PHood4.jpg

jomoyo069 said:
that was uncalled for, even if he is part of team underground

i didnt know, and didnt care, i was just making a silly joke. i say reclear and go with da rimmies

The problem you're going to have with reclearing (if you can even really call it REclearing) is that if the hood is clouding it is likely the gel coat. Sanding the hood will not get all of this out. In Rush's case, she painted grey over the area that was clouding.

CrazyCaker said:
The problem you're going to have with reclearing (if you can even really call it REclearing) is that if the hood is clouding it is likely the gel coat. Sanding the hood will not get all of this out. In Rush's case, she painted grey over the area that was clouding.

I am thinking of painting the center and leaving the sides carbon just until I can save for another hood. I would paint the center black and possibly the roof. I have a cousin that paints and I am sure he wouldn't charge me much. Thanks for the heads up on that and when I am ready to puchase the hood I am def. going with your hood since everyone has good things to say about them.

Back