Belt Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralph958

:
mazda cx7 awd sport
Has anyone figured out how to stop the seat belt minder beeping. It says in the manual to call your dealer but I was wondering if anyone did it themselves.

ralph958 said:
Has anyone figured out how to stop the seat belt minder beeping. It says in the manual to call your dealer but I was wondering if anyone did it themselves.

Now why would you want to do that? Don't me tell you're one of those people who doesn't wear a seat belt? :confused:

I'd rather have that thing remind me to put on my belt instead of getting stopped by law enforcement and getting ticketed for not wearing the belt!

Vince.

Last edited:
vbbuilt01 said:
Now why would you want to do that? Don't me tell you're one of those people who doesn't wear a seat belt? :confused:

I'd rather have that thing remind me to put on my belt instead of getting stopped by law enforcement and getting ticketed for not wearing the belt!

Vince.

I think there is plenty of reason to want to turn it off. Personally, I wear a seat belt out of habit. I can't stand NOT having one on because I feel like I'm sliding all over the place. Therefore I don't find the reminder necessary at all, and it is nothing but annoying when passengers get in the car and are simply slow to put on their seat belt. I'd be fine if they could adjust it to allow people more time or reduce the number of chimes before it shuts off, but I doubt that's an option.

Honestly, I think it's ridiculous to want to shut it off. I don't move my car from "Park" until everyone has their seatbelt on, period.

And, if I put some non-living item on my passenger seat that is heavy enough to trigger it, I simply pull the seatbelt across and snap it in. Easy enough.

CXRabbit said:
Honestly, I think it's ridiculous to want to shut it off. I don't move my car from "Park" until everyone has their seatbelt on, period.

So if you're so responsible to a tee, why do you need it?

Because if someone decides to pull their seatbelt off while I have my eye ON THE ROAD I like to know it. My biggest complaint with seatbelt alarms is that they aren't on the backseats too.

CXRabbit said:
Because if someone decides to pull their seatbelt off while I have my eye ON THE ROAD I like to know it. My biggest complaint with seatbelt alarms is that they aren't on the backseats too.

Ditto. The driver is totally responsible for ensuring occupants are belted at all times (state law). That little buzzer isn't THAT bad, now is it?

In this day and age, I can never figure out why someone would be foolish enough to drive around without one. In my lifetime, I've been involved in 3 serious accidents and in each case, the belt/shoulder harnass saved me from serious injuries. In each of those accidents, the vehicles were total losses. So there's no doubt that seat belts are valuable.

(dance)

Vince

Yup Vince, I concur ;)

When I started dating my husband he was one of those "I refuse to do it just BECAUSE the government is making me" until I told him "well, now you'll do it because your g/f says so (LOL)" -- He was in a car accident a year later and he is, to this day, thankful he had his seatbelt on, and now, it's such a habit, he doesn't even think about it.

My mom was in a car accident when I was in highschool, and she was driving an old muscle car at the time (my dad used to build racing engines)... it was old enough that the harness was a separate seatbelt from the lapbelt and she only had the lapbelt on. If she had NO seatbelt on she'd be dead. Because she didn't have the harness on she hit the steering wheel, broke her nose, her wrist and got stitches in her lip... plus a good concussion.

Seatbelts are out friend :)

Yup, seatbelts are awesome. There's this one time, me and my girlfriend were cruising on the Interstate at around 2am and the road was empty so we decided to pull over on the curbside, she then strapped both of us with the seatbelt once our bodies become one and she said "let's get it on".....oh sorry, must be a different thread LOL

(first)(boobs)(pow)(hi)(butthump)(drinks)(drinks)(drinks)(rofl)

vbbuilt01 said:
Now why would you want to do that?

I often carry a backpack with my laptop and other essentials in it and like to keep it on the front passenger seat. However I can't do that without listening to the warning bell going off the whole time so I end up putting in the "trunk". And no, I can't put it in the back seat as there are child seats back there.

airsick said:
I often carry a backpack with my laptop and other essentials in it and like to keep it on the front passenger seat. However I can't do that without listening to the warning bell going off the whole time so I end up putting in the "trunk". And no, I can't put it in the back seat as there are child seats back there.

If you fasten the belt, it would stop. Perhaps that would be less bothersome than using the trunk. It's probably a bit of a reach to hook up. In that case, maybe you can just leave it fastened, unless that sets off another alarm.

Annoying to me too. Sometimes I like to reach over and lean my arm around the passenger's headrest. Ding Ding Ding!...

But, first time I noticed how aggressive the alarm is I said, 'this will increase Mazda's safety ratings.'

The alarm does seem to stop after about a minute. It has also caused me to fasten my seatbelt.

ralph958 said:

Yeah I want to turn mine off too. I always wear a belt & don't need a reminder. I don't care if anyone else decides to wear theirs or not. I just want that idiot bell to not ring.

So how do you turn it off permanently?(uhm)

Stoge said:
I don't care if anyone else decides to wear theirs or not. I just want that idiot bell to not ring.

So, you're telling everyone here, that if a loved one is unbelted in your car and you have a horrible accident, and they're maimed/killed, you don't care?

That's basically what you're saying, just so you don't hear the "idiot bell"?

(eekdance)

Vince.

vbbuilt01 said:
So, you're telling everyone here, that if a loved one is unbelted in your car and you have a horrible accident, and they're maimed/killed, you don't care?

(eekdance)

Vince.

It's like the guys you see driving crotch rockets around at 100 mph with no helmet. Its stupid and is certainly not something that I would do, but if I ever need a kidney, I'll be glad that they did!(laugh)

SuperStretch18 said:
It's like the guys you see driving crotch rockets around at 100 mph with no helmet. Its stupid and is certainly not something that I would do, but if I ever need a kidney, I'll be glad that they did!(laugh)

(rofl2)

vbbuilt01 said:

(eekdance)

Vince.

Yup thats exactly what I am saying. For that matter, no one that rides in my car ever forgets to buckle up anyway. The original poster wanted to know how to turn it off. They didn't want to open a debate about why or why not someone should turn it off.

Last edited:
Stoge said:
They didn't want to open a debate about why or why not someone should turn it off.

On the contrary, that's precisely the value of these forums...we're a community to debate topics and ideas.

Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back