how much Hp can the cx-7 handle??

spike blue

:
2007 mazda CX-7,Kia sephia 2006 Audi A4 Sline
Yeah how much the auto transmision can handle with out problems???? anyone knows???(screwy)

spike blue said:
Yeah how much the auto transmision can handle with out problems???? anyone knows???(screwy)
I know that the FN4A-EL ATX is used in the 2.0L mazda 3's and the 3rd generation proteges, and that the FS5A-EL automatic transmission is used in the 2.3L automatic transmission mazda 3's/6's. I thought that mazda was using a newer beffier ATX tranny from toyota in the future ATX MS6 that's been tested to do well with FI cars in europe and not crap out within 8months, but as far as I know the CX-7 isn't using that tranny, and is still on the FS5A-EL, which as far as I know, is pretty much the same as the FN4A-EL, except with 5/6 speed sport availiabilty and a bit beffier to handle the increased torque. If the CX-7 does use the FS5A-EL, it would make sense that it would probaly also have different gear ratios compared to the FS5A-EL in the 3's and 6, and probaly a bigger torque converter.

so, I just realized that didn't really answer your question. to be more direct, probaly not a whole lot, being that it's already FI, and assuming it's relatively unchanged from the 3 and 6 it's safe to assume if you do try for more ponies, to stay in manual mode, get an oil cooler, and let off the gas when you shift, just like the FI Sport AT P5's have been doing.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring one from the dead, but How much can the transfer case hold? I got a place that can certify reworking the stock tranny and converter to hold max of 550whp. They will also do a B&B on the transfer case, but they were not sure what that hold limit would be on that peice??? And last but not least what is the max hold limit on the shafts going from the case down to the wheels, and if they are going to be the weak link is their support out there for aftermarket beefed up linkage? I need to make sure that everything from the intake to the wheels can hold around 450-500whp....

Back