MSP INJEN CAI questions and concerns

:
mazda protege5
can somone vouch for fitment on MSP injen cai. to fit the 2003 protege5

i have the the p5 hiboost kit (first gen kit). the one with the pipe over the valve cover that goes to turbo and then the filter. by the reservior tank.

i currently have the injen CAI for the protege5.

1. do you guys think that the p5 injen CAI that i have will work with the p5 hiboost turbokit ??? w/ some cumtomization . cutting and such?

2. will it be better to buy a msp injen CAI .

3. can someone post a picture of the injen CAI for the msp with hiboost turbo kit setup?

msp hiboost kit owners????

help!!!! please(dunno) thanks in advance

I was in the same position as you. I ended up getting an intake for a mazdaspeed. There is quite a bit of a difference.

YelloTerbo5 said:
I was in the same position as you. I ended up getting an intake for a mazdaspeed. There is quite a bit of a difference.

really?

so i do have to get an msp injen intake ?

you have the hiboost turbokit?

thanks for the response thanks alot

The Injen MSP CAI will not work with your Hiboost kit without major mods ... and then you've spent a good chunk of change to ruin something (that you can't re-sell). Straight up - best to go the custom route. Google "mandrel bending" for your area.

zoomzoom510 said:
can somone vouch for fitment on MSP injen cai. to fit the 2003 protege5

i have the the p5 hiboost kit (first gen kit). the one with the pipe over the valve cover that goes to turbo and then the filter. by the reservior tank.

i currently have the injen CAI for the protege5.

1. do you guys think that the p5 injen CAI that i have will work with the p5 hiboost turbokit ??? w/ some cumtomization . cutting and such?

2. will it be better to buy a msp injen CAI .

3. can someone post a picture of the injen CAI for the msp with hiboost turbo kit setup?

msp hiboost kit owners????

help!!!! please(dunno) thanks in advance

dude just call Juan at hiboost and ask him yourself! or email him info@hiboost.com he's sometimes hard to get ahold of

Bala de Plata said:
Good advice.

i have had contacted him through pm. he asked me which kit i have old or new. told hiim old. and he has not gotten back to me as of yet. i know he is a busy guy so . im just waiting.

so is it a matter of bending the pipe right to go into the fender wells? cuz if i can just have them bend my current p5 injen CAI then i will just do that so i dont waste it. i know i can resale it but since i have it already might as well do good with it. like cuztomize.

Back