First 300 whp MS6

jcgemt2003 said:
Shall we assume it was tuned or is it the stock ecu?
oh ya now that 4DRHTRD mentioned the mods, I remember ATP saying they are running factory ecu and stock exhaust. and pushing over what was it 320 or 340 to the wheels with no problems.

freekwonder said:
oh ya now that 4DRHTRD mentioned the mods, I remember ATP saying they are running factory ecu and stock exhaust. and pushing over what was it 320 or 340 to the wheels with no problems.
Im hoping I should be able to hit 300+whp without the turbo upgrade. Turboback+CAI+SSQ+EXDE=300-320WHP(hopefully)(cabpatch)

freekwonder said:
Thats the problem. Everybody that has their side of the TMIC vs FMIC arguement has no proof, they just go off of what people say or their experience with other cars. There isn't enough info out there to say which is better for what. Like you said the stock IC is losing 3-4 psi across the core, so a good TMIC is going to see more power also.

LET me tell you guys , i have a front mount on my car and i can assure you that it makes a HELL of a difference. its not even funny!! totally a different car!!

MS6freek said:
LET me tell you guys , i have a front mount on my car and i can assure you that it makes a HELL of a difference. its not even funny!! totally a different car!!

Oh I don't doubt that it did help, either one would help out (TMIC or FMIC) but I don't think there is enough info out there like the Subbie guys to say what is better for what situation. All the TMIC vs FMIC is still speculation right now.

freekwonder said:
Oh I don't doubt that it did help, either one would help out (TMIC or FMIC) but I don't think there is enough info out there like the Subbie guys to say what is better for what situation. All the TMIC vs FMIC is still speculation right now.

but our car is not designed like a subi why do u guys keep on referring to that!!

MS6freek said:
but our car is not designed like a subi why do u guys keep on referring to that!!

Because if you read what I said, all I said above was that there is not alot of info or user feed back on our car like the subie. Sure we don't have a hood scoop like them, but the cars are not THAT different.

ALL I am saying is right now with our cars there is no way to say what is BETTER because there is not enough done to our cars to be able to say 'hey in this situation I have these modes compared to your mods and get result A over result B'

Speed6 Guy said:
Why is 400 whp better? You could pull that much power but at what cost to the motor (witch is not cheap) and drive train (see previous).

Also this 300 whp mark is not that cool. A good driver can make that up on the strip and the track. So if you feel the need to get 300 then go get it but dont sit and make it a big deal.

A good driver cannot make up 70 wheel horsepower. I don't care how good the dude might be.

I doubt anyone's hitting 300whp with stock turbo.

Unless someone were willing to use meth injection, or nitrous to cool things down, and then really push this POS K04?

Assuming using a cutout and all other available bolt-ons of course. :)

No real updates yet. I'm kinda dead in the water without CPE released the front mount. I would like to say that you will see a dyno slip within 10-14 days, but I cannot guarantee it. In the mean time, I'm working on an exhaust mod to make her purr and not growl.

Where'd ya get a front mount bro?!(friday)

MS6freek said:

Wow. Good for you. Hopefully I will be joining the FMIC family within a coupla weeks. I sure am looking forward to it! I'm gonna like it, huh? How's she feel under pressure?

MS6mike said:
he has a custom FMIC he did!

MUSOM said:
Wow. Good for you. Hopefully I will be joining the FMIC family within a coupla weeks. I sure am looking forward to it! I'm gonna like it, huh? How's she feel under pressure?

(lol)
In your other post you say you want to paint it...what gives? Do you even have an MS6? let alone a FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER?

Yea, sorry about the confusion there. I do have an MS6 (see pic below, and notice killer parallel parking job!) And no, I do not have a front mount right now. However, I'll be making a trip to Beltsville, MD soon. I will be painting the intercooler in the shop before the install. That way I won't have to take the bumper off again and paint the sucka at home. So, I'm gonna buy the paint and make the cutout now, before I get to CP-E's shop. Hope that clarifies things.

244120442.jpg

Back