First 300 whp MS6

that's what i plan to do when my 4 year warranty is up........mod like crazy...... well not exactly crazy but i'm definitely going to be in the market for a bigger/better turbo......

snooky said:
thats tru but the question is, do i really wanna spend $1200 to mod a car that doesnt really belong to me?

imgonna stick to the much cheapper mods.

im not really looking to make my car super fast, i mean for a daily driving car 274 should be anough, but the tuner enthusiast in me still wants to get the car close to that odd number (300HP). i figures with the CAI, BOV, engine mount and test pipe i shouldnt be spending more than around $600- 700. plus i can space them out. as aposed to a TBE $1200 one shot.....

the bolt ons should give me around a nice 285hp to the crank more or less..
Even when you buy it does not belong to you until you pay it off.
Mine is a lease. That's not stopping me.

snooky said:
and a figure for a $100 i could have my test pipe for 4 years... i wouldnt even bother selling it at the end of my lease.
I don't think you can return the car to the dealer without the cat on it. They will charge you for labor and parts to replace the test pipe with a stock cat. You could attempt to swap it back in before returning it but like I said before, bolts under the car don't come off very easily after 4 years...unless you have a grinder.

chuyler1 said:
I don't think you can return the car to the dealer without the cat on it. They will charge you for labor and parts to replace the test pipe with a stock cat. You could attempt to swap it back in before returning it but like I said before, bolts under the car don't come off very easily after 4 years...unless you have a grinder.

thats what i was planning to do, put the stock cat back at the end.

but im nervouse when i go to the dealership to get serviced they'll give me probs for it. does the test pipe void waranty?

thanks

It will void the warranty on any exhaust related issues and if there is a CEL they may blame the test pipe and refuse to work on the car.

The key word in that sentence is "may". Every dealership is different but you are pulling out a part of the emmissions system. Depending on the laws in your area you may not pass inspection...it shouldn't cause any CELs since it is past any sensors (I think) but dealers have been known to deny service on just about any mod and if you get denied, you'll have to pull it out and go to another dealer.

Speed6 Guy said:
Why is 400 whp better? You could pull that much power but at what cost to the motor (witch is not cheap) and drive train (see previous).

Also this 300 whp mark is not that cool. A good driver can make that up on the strip and the track. So if you feel the need to get 300 then go get it but dont sit and make it a big deal.

^ This post sucks.

Back