First 300 whp MS6

MUSOM

:
2006 MazdaSpeed 6 GT
I call her the "white bull" and she's gonna be screaming in a few weeks. With an all-CPE moded ride, I believe I may be the first to reach the previous un-tapped 300 whp mark. Maybe there are others that have hit 300 whp, but I have negleted to see a dyno result.

ALL CPE - CAI, DOWNPIPE, CATBACK EXHAUST, and will be adding FMIC and engine management whenever they are released. Right after installation I plan to dyno and fine-tune my maps. I'm thinking in the range of 290-310 whp. Any takers or ney-sayers out there? Comments? Tips? I'm sure everyone will be anxious to see my dyno results. I'll post them, along with some vid's as soon as I can. WHO WANTS SOME?(rockon)

MUSOM said:
I call her the "white bull" and she's gonna be screaming in a few weeks. With an all-CPE moded ride, I believe I may be the first to reach the previous un-tapped 300 whp mark. Maybe there are others that have hit 300 whp, but I have negleted to see a dyno result.

ALL CPE - CAI, DOWNPIPE, CATBACK EXHAUST, and will be adding FMIC and engine management whenever they are released. Right after installation I plan to dyno and fine-tune my maps. I'm thinking in the range of 290-310 whp. Any takers or ney-sayers out there? Comments? Tips? I'm sure everyone will be anxious to see my dyno results. I'll post them, along with some vid's as soon as I can. WHO WANTS SOME?(rockon)

any idea how long it will take to get those parts? why start a thread about something you dont have. thats like saying im going to build my car into a sub 10 sec. mazda3 when the funds become available. those kind of funds would NEVER, EVER be available.

JOS3 said:
any idea how long it will take to get those parts? why start a thread about something you dont have. thats like saying im going to build my car into a sub 10 sec. mazda3 when the funds become available. those kind of funds would NEVER, EVER be available.

I phoned my friends at CPE the other night and they gave a rough estimate of 3 weeks. I'm thinking anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I'm basing this completely on input from CPE. O son....the funds are there thanks to uncle sam! (thumb)

Why not just team up with ATP and go somewhere better like 400whp? They make quality turbo upgrades for your car.

Velocifero said:
Why not just team up with ATP and go somewhere better like 400whp? They make quality turbo upgrades for your car.

Why is 400 whp better? You could pull that much power but at what cost to the motor (witch is not cheap) and drive train (see previous).

Also this 300 whp mark is not that cool. A good driver can make that up on the strip and the track. So if you feel the need to get 300 then go get it but dont sit and make it a big deal.

btw i didnt mean to sound like a dick. just so that we get that out of the way. i'd still like to see dynos, not as proof, but as an accomplishment

Speed6 Guy said:
Why is 400 whp better? You could pull that much power but at what cost to the motor (witch is not cheap) and drive train (see previous).

Also this 300 whp mark is not that cool. A good driver can make that up on the strip and the track. So if you feel the need to get 300 then go get it but dont sit and make it a big deal.
I didn't mean it like 400 is better, just kinda like why is 300 I huge benchmark? I have a feeling there are probably more than a handful of 6s running over 300. I don't even think we have the largest community of MS6, so we don't hear about the guys that are going further. Don't take this as negativity, alot like smoof I want to see him succeed, but 300 just doesn't really seem like a huge step up when you can go to a hypothetical 400-600 just by a turbo upgrade (and supporting mods of course). Trust me I know the value of the motor and tranny, I drive a msp, much weaker motor. And not to go grammar nazi on you but it should be which, not witch. Although I don't think witches are cheap either.

I should be posting my 350 WHP dyno March 3rd. I could run down and get one on Monday if you like for around 310 WHP...
:)
BTW ATP posted their 310 WHP dyno months ago, it's on their site.

This thread title needs a question mark at the end of it.

lol @ Smo0f irony. :p

i could see a good benchmark at like....500 or so..wtf do they come w/ stock?? cuz they're already poundin out power aren't they?

Thats what I am saying, 300 isn't that high for bragging rights, its nice and all but kinda like saying Woo Hoo I got 200whp in my MSP!

eh I think its a decent number to shoot for bolt-ons and the stock turbo(I don't consider turbo upgrades bolt-ons, nothing against it just falls in another category for me). So I look forward to seeing the dyno results. From what I've seen he would be one of the first to hit 300whp with the stock turbo.

DSMConvert said:
eh I think its a decent number to shoot for bolt-ons and the stock turbo(I don't consider turbo upgrades bolt-ons, nothing against it just falls in another category for me). So I look forward to seeing the dyno results. From what I've seen he would be one of the first to hit 300whp with the stock turbo.
I don't nec consider a turbo upgrade a bolt on, but more of one than fine tunable engine management.

Well if you ask the guys doing downpipes about doing it compared to the turbo (about 12 more bolts...) you'll find the ATP turbo kit is very bolt on. I could do it in under 5 hours now, about 1.5 hours longer than the downpipe install.
:)

I should also be in the over 300whp soon....I just ordered my XEDE system and Ken himself will be doing my install.....We are going to get some dyno time and real time tuning in hopefully soon.

Well It's good to know that I'm not the only one wanting 300whp. To be honest, I'm sure a 400 whp car would be great. But at what point does it end? Will you want to change out pistons and then maybe work on injectors? It's like people that work out all 5 times a week. You become obsessed with it, soon enough they are wanting to take steriods, and then greater amounts of steroids, then soon enough there in intensive care with liver failure. I will be perfectly content with 300whp, which to answer your question, is about 80 more than stock. The stock dyno's show an average of 218-224 stock whp (i know, i know it does seem low, but then again look at the torque). So that's about a 35% increase in whp from stock. And after this install, there will be no STOCK 4-bangers on the track that will pull away from me. That makes me a happy person.

Also....doesn't it make more sense to do a FMIC install before a turbo upgrade? Considering this FMIC will make 2-3 more psi (by decreased pressure drop) on my stock turbo and it will do the same if I ever do a turbo upgrade. If you want to count apples and oranges, I believe I'm doing things the right way. But then again, my opinion is what it is. (stooges)

I should also say that my car is an everyday driver, and if I do consider throwing a turbo upgrade on, I want reinforcment of my ass end. I want to make sure I'm not throwing rods at the track. I'm afraid that 400 whp would be a dangerous benchmark. How well would the chasis hold up? Would I have to replace my injectors? Compression ratio, pistons? It would scare me because of the unknown of doing serious, permanent damage to my girl. She's sensitive you know!(kissass)

Back