Unlock trip computer on non GT MS3

I just got an 08 Mazda3 S Touring and tried this too. I can get it to say "DIS ON" but nothing else works. Does the fact that it says "DIS ON" indicate it's capable but they may have added another step to activate?

This is the *ONE* thing that I really miss from my last car.

perhaps its been covered, maybe not .... not to sound like an ass, but did you push the "set" button?

DIS - driver information system

the set button is what you use to access all the features

I just know that sometimes when I look at something too hard or for too long, I miss a simple little step like that

perhaps its been covered, maybe not .... not to sound like an ass, but did you push the "set" button?

I just know that sometimes when I look at something too hard or for too long, I miss a simple little step like that
There is no SET button on 2008 models.

WTF is :00 for anyway? Its almost like they found an extra set of buttons and said "Meh, screw it, lets put these on there since we ran outta "SET" buttons."
Actually there was a service bulletin that explains why they did this. If you are displaying the clock and hold the set button down, it sets the clock to the nearest hour. People were doing this by accident and then claiming their clock was inaccurate. So, putting that on the button is supposed to indicate to you that it has this function.

Anyway, it is the same button functionality as the SET button in the '07. If the trip enabling worked (and it looks like it doesn't) the :00 button would change functions.

Oh well.

Actually there was a service bulletin that explains why they did this. If you are displaying the clock and hold the set button down, it sets the clock to the nearest hour. People were doing this by accident and then claiming their clock was inaccurate. So, putting that on the button is supposed to indicate to you that it has this function.

Anyway, it is the same button functionality as the SET button in the '07. If the trip enabling worked (and it looks like it doesn't) the :00 button would change functions.

Oh well.
(hand) Awww damn it...i guess were outta luck then. Too bad too, i like the stock radio but it looks like it might go.

Unfortunately it does not work. The set button is a :00 button on the '08s and I tried pressing it and nothing. I even tried to hole it.. nothing..

Oh well.
They must have made some other change to that button because hitting the FM and CD buttons as the instructions say, DOES make the display say "DIS ON". It's like it is activated but the button function is somehow disabled or wired differently.

They must have made some other change to that button because hitting the FM and CD buttons as the instructions say, DOES make the display say "DIS ON". It's like it is activated but the button function is somehow disabled or wired differently.
I dont get the "DIS ON" off my radio. It doesnt do anything.

Just got a 2008 Mazda3 s Touring hatchback. Nothing happens; all I get is the standard "HELLO" message. Either the trip computer is wired differently or they actually removed it altogether on non-GT '08 models. Bummer.

i think this only works on the mazdaspeed 3's not the regular 3, i did it to my MS3 sport last nite and it worked, its freakin awsome, i was always wondering why i didn't have that in my car

Back