Unlock trip computer on non GT MS3

I just bought an 09 Mazda 3 iTouring VE with Moonroof package. I've been reading about turing on the DIS/Trip computer. Not having any luck. Anyone else figure out how to on the '09?

I'm another SOL...
Disconnected battery, pumped gas pedal, the works and only got a "HELLO"

DAMN THAT THING!!!

thanks to those trying to help the unfortunate 08.5(09) MS3 Sport owners like me

I can see the letters for the info to be displayed just can't get it to work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong

Kilos/Hour to Miles/Hour

I might just be a tard but I did this mod on my wife's CX-7 and it worked fine though I cant figure out how to change the unit of measurement. Does anyone know if there is a certain button sequence?

i have been trying this on a friends MS3 07 and i cannot get this to work at all. i have tried everything more then once, holding the buttons before i turn the key without the key on, i dunno ne more can someone help me out

just did this to my 07 mazda 3 and it took like 20 seconds haha
awesome thread!!!!(headbang)

same here 2007 mazda 3 sedan, got my wife one a few weeks ago and it was the first thing I did on it. It's a nice feature! Hers has the 6-cd deck on an 07 sedan sport, and it works.

Wish it would have also worked on my 2008 MS3 but it wont work on it :(

I have a 2008 ms3 sport, I don't have set or time buttons on my radio. does this work on an 2008?

Edit: I found my answer to this question.

Last edited:
I have the same problem. I have a 2008 ms3 sport. And have had the car about a year and just all of a sudden the cd player went from working just fine, to not ejecting the cd in it. I finally got the cd out with tweezers. I tried to put a cd back in it just to see what would happen, and it wont even take a cd. Also both of my cigarette lighters went out one day while driving. they just randomly both went out. I checked fuse, wasn't that. Any Idea's on what it might be?

well the trq sway removal works perfectly for the 08. just hold the DSC button on the left side down as youre turning on the car and it should say "dsc off" and the traction control light should be on. be careful tho cuz it disables all ABS and etc. wooo! (dance)

oh you can put it back to normal if you hit the DSC button again.

Last edited:
Back