Advanced Keyless

car went in this morning, and as predicted (lots of people reporting this on other forums) the antenna needs replaced. they ordered one for me and will call me when its in.

What happened to your antenna wannabe? Sorry to jump off topic with the antenna thing.

I've read about the keyless thing and they talk about moisture getting into the buttons on the outside is what is causing it. Some say that the buttons don't work right away after washing the car but in a day or two they start working. So if your car is getting wet from rain or snow lately that could be an issue.

Last edited:
TheJohnny said:
check out mazda6club. com and what happened to your antenna wannabe? Sorry to jump off topic with the antenna thing.

I've read about the keyless thing and they talk about moisture getting into the buttons on the outside is what is causing it. Some say that the buttons don't work right away after washing the car but in a day or two they start working. So if your car is getting wet from rain or snow lately that could be an issue.

As far as the interior buttons such as windows not working you can reprogram them yourself. I'll post it but don't know if it's worth it.

Put your key in the ignition turn it all the way but not to start then roll down the drivers window half way the all the way up and hold the button for 2 seconds, then do the same to each window by using the window controller at that window, don't use the drivers controller. Then cycle the key off and on again and the interior buttons should work again. I'm sure this wasn't the issue but worth a shout out on it though.
the service guy didn't know exactly what caused it, but his guess was a combination of water/ice shorting it. and for antenna, i mean the advanced keyless receiver antenna. not the radio one.

not sure who the window part is in response to, but its slightly easier than that. roll down each window locally, then roll it back up, hold the button until it "clicks". thats it.

and ps: i am on the other board, but we aren't supposed to talk about it here ;)

oops, sorry about mentioning the other board. My bad. I will edit the post.

Thanks for the tip on the window thing, I get lost now and then so it's all good

Just got the car back, the antenna for the advanced keyless was bad. Replaced at no cost, and works like a charm again.

Back